ID-Blaster v1.0

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by javacool, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Has anyone here encountered an issue with you not being able to maximize ID-Blaster by left-click once, or double-click on it, and also you not being able to pull up the right-click menu?

If so could you post/PM me your Windows OS and any other specifics about your system? (A few people seem to be having this issue, and I'd like to get it stamped out as soon as possible.)

TIA.

-javacool

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

FYI: JavaCool is enjoying a well deserved holiday the upcoming two weeks. Thus, he will not reply to any questions/remarks during this period.

regards.

paul

3. Rickster

Rickster Guest

Javacool's a piece of work - brilliant stuff. Anyway, should it come to pass I need to remove ID Blaster, can I assume you just re-enter and set your original number, then delete the program folder and the registry entry? I ask, since it doesn't appear in either the start/all programs menu or add/remove programs list. Didn't catch if removal was discussed. Thanks

4. WHN

WHN Registered Member

5. Rickster

Rickster Guest

Yep. Not concerned with leaving it in a non-functioning mode, or it’s effect on stuff. Just want to be sure if I zap it –it doesn’t take my true system ID with it – in other words, not locked together, purging the ID with it and leaving internal functions that depend on referencing ID (real or false) inoperable. Probably silly, but just being cautious.

6. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Just a short note to say that I benchmarked my system and recorded all of my original ID numbers in a secure file before using ID Blaster. I used the Belarc Advisor. It's available from www.belarc.com. :)

7. WHN

WHN Registered Member

I also can not re-activate ID Blaster and right clicking does not work. I also can no longer access MS windows update.
    My OS is 98SE with adaware, adaubtract, spybot, etc

8. javacool

Thanks for reporting your system OS, and other details (you are one of the first to do so).

Hopefully I'll be able to track down this bug.

However, you should still be able to access windows update. (The problem that was reference at the dslreports.com forums only WILL affect Windows SP with the sp1 update.)

Would you mind PMing or posting the exact error you get that prevents you from using windows update?
    (Most likely it is NOT caused by ID-Blaster, given your OS is Windows 98 SE - I had the same issue, a long time ago before I even created ID-Blaster, where on a Windows 98SE computer, AND a Windows ME computer, that I would sometimes not be able to access Windows Update).

-javacool

9. snowman

snowman Guest

Java

this is a belated post.....I've been off for awhile..

regarding idblaster.....mind does not load at start-up....a message displays saying a file was not installed.....other than that all else works just find. by the way..its not needed in my case to load at start-up.....just mentioning.

snowman

10. WHN

WHN Registered Member

The error I got from MS windows was that I was not authorised to access the update web site.

PS. I have removed ID Blaster by using Goback part of Norton System Works until I see what the problem is.

Regards Bill

11. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Bill, were you then able to access WU again? (I had the same problem w/WU occasionally on my W98SE computer, too, but that was before IDB even came out. Pete

12. WHN

WHN Registered Member

Spy1 Yes I was able to access the windows update after I rmoved ID blaster. Has there been any resolution to this problem?

13. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

WHN - I don't know for sure, but it may simply not be a problem with ID_B.

Yesterday I could get the WU site (main page and then the scan) - today all I can get is the main page (won't do anything when you click on the "Products Update" link).

Had ID_B on the computer both times. Pete

14. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi I run XP Pro and XP Home using ID Blaster I have no problems using Windows Update. However when ID Blaster changes your ID Windows doesn't like the ID, just try again a few times by going to a new site and come back. Refeshing IE will not work. :D

15. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

HI.In regards to windows update site not working properly.I don't have ID Blaster and I couldn't access the upgrade site for a week or so.Maybe this is an update site issue?Consequently,I did get access to update site a little more than a week ago.

16. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi Javacool,

ID-Blaster is a nice little program, I was wondering if you're planning to expand the ID's that it can change like MS Office and any others. Also maybe have it save the ID's in a location of choice.

Nice work on this one thanks.

17. Gnostic

Gnostic Registered Member

This just might be a fairly dumb question, but is a program like this necessary if you used a proxy? Or is using this program in conjunction with a proxy the best possible way of protecting privacy?

18. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi Gnostic!

You asked: "...is a program like this necessary if you used a proxy?" Yes! Your Windows ID Number would still be the same. The ID number is not behind your proxy, even if you hide your system info.

With IDBlaster you have more anonymity! You can change your numbers at random on a quick or slow recurring basis. It's small, easy to use, and uses almost no system resources.

19. Gnostic

Gnostic Registered Member

Thanks Prince! :D Sounds like a must have program. I'll d/l it and give it a try.

20. javacool

I will be looking into this option - and also (possibly) an option to make it compatible with Windows XP/SP1, which it currently isn't.

-Javacool

21. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Since IDBlaster Plus v2.0 has been released, this thread is closed.

Have a look here

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.