Icon not present in the Tray

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Antarctica, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hello,
    I would say about once a week when I boot, the Icon from FD ISR does not show in the tray bar. If I reboot right away then everthing is fine.

It's not something major as I can work normally with all my applications but it just bother me.:doubt:

Any idea what would cause this? The only Security applications I have is right now is Kerio 2.5.1 and DefenseWall.

Thanks

2. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Windows XP sometimes initialize startup programs without tray fully initialized. This leads to the problem you just described. Try to do following- terminate its GUI process with Task Manager and run it one more time. If the icon turns back, it means that FD ISR GUI do not checks if tray is fully initialized.

3. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hey Ilya,
    It's always nice to see you on this Forum.:) Thanks for your help with this, much appreciated.:)

4. USAAlone

USAAlone Registered Member

Go to options uncheck always show, close options, and check always show and close it. That is what I do. The X goes away afterwards.

Daniel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.