ICMP tunnel

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ggf31416, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

We could argue that outbound protection is useless as if malware attempts to connect to TCP Port 80 and/or replaces one of your programs you should be more concerned with removing the infection. Then kerio 2.1.5 is bloated :D with useless features and everybody using it should go back to Windows Firewall :p
    However I believe that firewalls should include adequate outbound protection and some leak protection (but it is not the only factor) as long as they don't ask a millon of questions every time a program runs.

2. lasu

lasu Registered Member

ggf31416,
    you must be referring to Sunbelt Kerio and not the orig Kerio 2.1.5?
    L

3. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

No, he was reffering to 2.1.5, but I belive it was an atempt at sarcasm. I'm not sure he understood what I was saying :p

4. Dorn

Dorn Registered Member

I thought the latest version of Sygate is Sygate v5.6 Build 3408 and NOT 2808, or am i wrong?

5. blackdog56

blackdog56 Registered Member

No you are not wrong, but it wasn't necessarily released to the public, but it runs very stable for me.

6. lasu

lasu Registered Member

blackdog56,
    the 5.5.2710 version is the most stable because the later versions did have scattered problems w/some sys's. i have found that the 2710 version works on 95 through xp w/no problems.

Nebulus,
    ya i forgot a smiley after my comment;-). no problem:).

i had a problem w/2.1.5 not keeping the 'deny all others' rule on my xp and after having to redo the rule many times over several months i gave up and went back to old faithful sygate;-). someday ill post a question about that problem and get it straightened out.
    the wifes xp is for the business and she is a died in the wool sygate user so i keep my mits off her setup although i do sneak a peek at her logs from time to time;-D.
    if anyone is interested in an old but tried and true fw here is a link to my site and look under 'Firewalls for 98 to XP' for the 'how to' on installing sygate, kerio 2.1.5, and acouple others.
    http://snoweagle.iquebec.com/
    nothing fancy at my site folks, just a barebones site but i like pics w/directions;-D.
    L

7. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

I'm sorry, but it's a pain for me to post a picture :)
    At the moment there are no rules for ICMP per application. ICMP either allowed or blocked according to the Firewall->Programs access. And asked in case there is no entry in the Program access. I think this will be extended in the next versions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.