IBM Retakes No. 1 Worldwide Computer Server Spot

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by AplusWebMaster, Aug 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster Registered Member

IBM Retakes No. 1 Worldwide Computer Server Spot
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&ncid=581&e=2&u=/nm/20030829/tc_nm/tech_ibm_dc
    Aug 29, 2003
    "NEW YORK (Reuters) - International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM) reclaimed the top market share spot among computer server companies worldwide during the second quarter, pushing Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE:HPQ) back into second place, according to market research firm IDC...IBM, which makes everything from computers based on Intel Corp. (Nasdaq:INTC) microprocessors to giant mainframe systems that use proprietary semiconductor technology, had 30.4 percent of global server systems revenue during the quarter. HP, which held the No. 1 spot in the first quarter, had 27.7 percent of total revenues...
    - The overall server market amounted to $10.62 billion in revenues, a slight increase from $10.60 billion a year earlier. IDC said Sun Microsystems Inc.'s (Nasdaq:SUNW) share of the market increased to 13.5 percent, while Dell Inc.'s (Nasdaq:DELL - news) share of the total market decreased slightly to 9.2 percent in the second quarter...
    - IBM attributed its share gains to strength in sales of computers that run the popular Unix operating system..."

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:cool: blazes plan is comeing to fruitation

the ms shall fall blaze rubs hand together he he he lol he he lol he he he narrrrrrrrrffff

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

YEEEEEEEEEEEE HA

(Detox's sister is an accountant at IBM ;) )

4. AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster Registered Member

:eek: Who'da thunk it? Cheering for "Big Blue"?

Have we forgotten the "why" of PC growth over the last decade or so?

-RETHINK- ...me thinks.

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Mostly I'm cheering for my sister; she accepts bids and stuff for IBM from vendors etc :)
    Smart girl my sis ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.