I won't bother hunting and reporting more Sony zero-days, because all I'd get is a lousy t-shirt

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by guest, Feb 5, 2019.

1. guest

guest Guest

I won't bother hunting and reporting more Sony zero-days, because all I'd get is a lousy t-shirt
    It's 2019. Should billion-dollar corps do better than offer swag for vulns?
    February 5, 2019

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/02/05/sony_tshirt_bounty/

2. guest

guest Guest

At the same time, Sony didn't ask him to pentest their site.:isay:

As if one day I decide to become a vigilante hunting criminals and expect the victims to repay me..:D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2019
  3. Floyd 57

Floyd 57 Registered Member

Check out http://www.learnersdictionary.com/qa/did-main-verb-base-form-or-past-tense-form https://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/grammar/sim_past.htm

Idk if they have an active bug bounty or not, but even if they don't, they're rich, and him finding a vulnerability is certainly worth at least a few k (and probably much more if someone abused it, depending on the vulnerability)
    The shareholders, don't quote me on that, but I think they'll still be able to feed their children after they pay the guy

4. guest

guest Guest

@Floyd 57 lazy to correct the auto-typing of my phone.

Sure they could, but this is another case of attention-seeker whiner who goes public because he didnt get enough gratitude from daddy Sony .. He got it! an awesome T-shirt!!! It is a Collector edition :argh:

What else he wanted? Cash? He Should have asked first.

Lucky him, I know some companies that would sue him for that...

If someone break my house lock and wait I get home to tell my lock is weak, believe me, it will not be gratitude I will show him...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2019
  5. reasonablePrivacy

reasonablePrivacy Registered Member

It is Internet. Behaviors, reality is substantially different here.
    I also don't think analogy is that much accurate. I would compare this to finding through binoculars weak locks (in case of private home) or test locks in publicly available spaces (shops etc). Then selling or even sharing for free that information to people/general public. You just don't need to know whether they are criminals or home owners or locksmith who want to advertise to their potential customers. Contacting home owner first is just good will/responsive disclosure.

6. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Private property is private property. Real or virtual. :isay:

7. reasonablePrivacy

reasonablePrivacy Registered Member

Where exactly copyright rights were infringed?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.