I will never buy NOD32 again!!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by IztokK, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IztokK

IztokK Guest

I'm disappointed with NOD32. Reasons:

Program has conflicts with other programs
    Problems with component upgrade from 2.000.6 to 2.000.8
    Virus detection is not good as other AV (poor detection of trojans, adware and programs that auto-dial pron sites). I use other AV at work and virus detection is much better. Most important reason, why I wiil never buy NOD32 again!!!! :(

IztokK

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

IzrokK,

Sorry to hear so - but no doubt that's your perogative, and yours only.

as for:

• incompabitlity with other software: question is wether or not this is due to NOD32, or other software;
    • you are perfecly safe using v2.000.6;
    • virus detection has been proven the best - just check the vurisbulletin tests. NOD32 is first and foremost an antivirus software. Other Avs will not perform better as for ITW viruses are concerned. In case you are looking for software that can handle it all (adware, dailers etc.) - there isn't software available performing a perfect job on all. layered defense is the best you can obtain.

Take good care,

regards.

paul

3. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

NOD32's heuristic is the best, it detect proactively new virus/worms/trojans and malware in general. Is also the more quickly scanning and use less resources than most.
    2.000.6 is a good stable version of NOD, ESET is currently testing the 9 for the release. NOD is also a easy to use product.

4. Tekl

Tekl Registered Member

Hi,

is the some AV that uses less resources than NOD32?

Tekl

5. GoonMan

GoonMan Registered Member

I used Norton before Nod 32 and I had all kinds of problems with Norton.

I am satisfied with Nod 32. :D

It is one of many programs that I use for a layered protection of my computer. :D

6. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Could not have been put better!

Best wishes, Iztokk

7. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Its your right so choose whatever antivirus you want. I have no problem with it. But I do not understand why do you contributed to this forum.

Best regards and good luck with your antivirus.

8. owziee

owziee Registered Member

You can't expect that an AV should detect adware and dialers and stuff. You should use Ad-Aware or Spybot Search & Destroy for that and you should also use an anti-trojan program for trojan detection.

An AV is for detecting viruses and if it detects the other stuff is just a bonus IMO.

9. Yep, and has been stated before, NOD32 is advertised as catching malware.......still listed on their website:
    -----------------------------

http://nod32.com/products/products.htm

Our Antivirus Products

Introducing NOD32
    NOD32 Antivirus System provides well balanced, state-of-the-art protection against threats endangering your PC and enterprise systems running various platforms from Microsoft Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT / 2000 / 2003 / XP, through a number of UNIX/Linux, Novell, MS DOS operating systems to Microsoft Exchange Server, Lotus Domino and other mail servers.
    Viruses, worms, trojans and other malware are kept out of striking distance of your valuable data. Advanced detection methods implemented in the software even provide protection against the future threats from most of the new worms and viruses.

10. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Since all has been said in the meanwhile, this thread has outlived its purpose.

For that reason, the thread is closed.

regards.

paul

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Merely would like to mention that NOD32 detects the following subcategories of Win32 malware (not taking into account Win16, DOS, or macro viruses):

Backdoor, DDoS, Dialer, DoS, Flooder, HackTool, MultiDropper, Nuker, SMS-Flooder, Sniffer, Spammer, Spoofer, Spyware, Trojan,TrojanClicker, TrojanDownloader, TrojanDropper, TrojanNotifier, TrojanProxy, WebMoney

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.