I want your honest opinion about this . . .

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by TECHWG, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Who knows. i Play with security and i dont stick with one way of doing it.
    but i actually like zonealarm now . . in the "day" it was not very good but now its not too bad

i still like tarpit though.

only downfall with tarpit is you have to run zone alarm on medium security so your ports are not stealthed, and in that case when someone hammers a closed port thats not tarpitted you do lag . . . But i can slide the bar to high and Boof everything is stealthed . . i have the best of both worlds

2. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I found the perfectthat makes you secure while having a tarpit on certain ports . . you set up zone alarm first and get it working nice, and make a rule in customize for the firewall while in stealth and allow inbound tcp ports what you want tarpitting . . Then you load 8signs and take blocking off all protocols and tarpit the ranges you want . . this way all ports show stealth apart from the ones you tarpit. they cant lag you or freeze you when your all stealth ports are stealthed and the tarpitted ones tarpitted . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.