I want to set up a Limited User account in XP Home.

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by brjoon1021, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brjoon1021

brjoon1021 Registered Member

Apparently I have been using my XP Home installation as the Administrator but I named the Administrator account as "User". For safety's sake, I want to create and use a limited user account.

I created a new account that I called "Limited User", but that account has no personalized settings of any kind. I want it to look and act just like the Administrator account that I have been using and have spent so much time setting up to my liking.

* 1. How do I import those settings? OR, is it possible to just recategorize the Administrator account as a "limited user account" and also recategorize the "limited user" account as the Administrator. At least that way, I would only have to deal with the spartan, stock xp set up once in a while rather than all of the time.

* 2. I would like Windows to boot into the "limited user" account without it having a password, i.e. it bugs me to have to enter a password or even click on an icon to get into windows each time. Can I do it this way ? The administrator account, of course, I want password protected.

Also, when I go into control panel and look at the user accounts, there is an account called "ASP.NET MACHINE A..." that is a limited account and password protected. I don't REMEMBER setting that up. What is it ? Harmless ? Delete it ? Try to log in and see what it is ?

Thanks,

B.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

im not entirely sure but just create a second administrator account and change the old admin to limited. as for the ASP.net account, it is created by .net framework. i cant give anymore advice at the moment since (possibly due to nlite) i cant access the user accounts dialog box.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    Yes you can delete ASP account. It's your computer - your accounts.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.