I want a Downgrade! v11 > v8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SHSH, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

How am I supposed to get the Installer-exe? v11 sucks big time and it seems as if Acronis is not willing to refund me.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Do you know that v8 works for you?

What is or isn't v11 doing?

If you've had v8 and registered it, it is still available for you to download from your account.

Colin

3. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

i paid for v11 and it sucks. All I want is a downgrade to v8, as it works fine at a friend of mine

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Well, unless you are going to let everyone in on the secret of your 'sucking' TI 11, no one here would be able to even begin to help - it could be something really simple that has been overlooked that would get you going.

As for getting TI8, then that is obviously obsolescent and the likelihood of acronis selling you a copy is probably zilch! When you say TI8 works for you does that include the rescue CD?

I would be surprised if the rescue CD worked well on the latest computers, due to driver problems.

Colin

5. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

v11 is not working properly with ICH9 RAID - I'm not their guinea pig, tried several fixes, total time-waster

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Versions prior to 11 are no longer for sale. If you have a license for a prior version and you have registered with Acronis, then you can download the the most current build of that version. Older versions might be found with enough searching of internet vendors. Otherwise, no, the older versions are no longer available.

Btw, versions 9 and 10 seemed to work okay with INtel RAID also. It's only version 11 that's confounded.

7. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

oh boy. So fix v11, Acronis, ~Phrase removed. - Ron~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008
  8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

The latest build of Acronis True Image 11 Home should work correctly with this raid controller. If you've encountered issues with it then submit a request for technical support.

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Attach the collected report and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

9. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

it doesnt. And never has.

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You are entitled to a refund on ATI11 given the terms when Acronis Offers it for sale. Besides, iirc, under law, there is a fundamental warranty of merchantability that is implied by offering the product for sale and it cannot be waived. Contact customer service for a refund and report back here if there are any probls so we may know how it's going.

You might still find ATI 10 for sale (maybe even at a discount) and that version will probalby work on as many or more diff hardware setups than any other version. ATI 10 is the last version that I could recommend to any customers. I only recomend against ATI 11; it's not a ready-for-release product yet, imo.

11. ijb

ijb Registered Member

I tried using TrueImage 11 to clone one WD hard drive to a new WD drive. It refused to format the new drive as NTFS but insisted on FAT! Then it claimed it had successfully transferred 136G in 15 seconds, when it had transferred nothing at all--nada, niente, nichts, nichi-va. Five times, no luck!
    I even tried Migrate This three times. Same problem.
    To be fair, Western Digital's own software DataLifeguard did a corrupted transfer--three times, but at least it was mainly successful (close but no functioning hard drive).
    Contacting Acronis chat line is an exercise in futility. The only good thing is that I used the trial versions, so all it cost me was several hours of futility but no actual cash. Since I get $150/hr for my services, maybe I'll just bill Acronis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.