i use windows, should i be using the bart cd?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thebigdintx, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

i am using version 9, build 2337 on a windows xp sp2 machine with a microsoft optical wireless mouse and an external usb drive for my backup images. my backup image takes me about 3 minutes to create, and about 6 minutes to restore, but my mouse does not work well at all during the restore......should i upgrade to this latest version (3567) and utilize the bart PE? would that fix the mouse problem during the restores(will that use windows instead of linux), and make the restores any quicker?

2. ianhargreaves

ianhargreaves Registered Member

i have the same issue/question..

having just installed the latest release do i have to build new boot cds. will these create windows cd by default? can i just stick to my old recovery cds?

3. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

The Build 3567 Recovery CD will restore older image files BUT an older Recovery CD will NOT restore Build 3567 image files.
    So if you upgraded to 3567, create a new Recovery CD.
    As for the BartPE/Plug-In: the best thing I can suggest is to try both. Use what works best. Create and boot from both, try a few things (create a small Files/Folder backup, verify an image …) and see what happens.

4. thebigdintx

anyone else out there with a microsoft wireless optical mouse know for sure if the new build (3567) supports a wireless optical mouse during a restore from the rescue cd? Or, if I used the bart PE would that support the wireless optical mouse during a restore from the rescue cd?
    also, if i wanted to try and make a bart rescue cd with the new build, how do i do it? is there just a choice to click on to create a rescue cd either bart (windows based) or the regular linux one?

5. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Using TrueImage build 3567 full rescue CD, restore works fine using a Microsoft wireless optical mouse and keyboard.

John

6. thebigdintx

Are you talking about using the rescue cd with the bart PE plug-in, or did this new version add support for the wireless optical mouse? The last version (2337) which I am using does not support it's use (or at least it does not work correctly).

7. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Never had the need to make the BartPE CD. Both the new version, and the older versions all worked okay using the full Rescue CD and the "Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Pro keyboard and mouse". Just an added point; I've never had a problem with the Rescue CD seeing my external USB drive either:-*

John

8. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Just as a thought, are you using the Microsoft Wireless Mouse by the USB connector or the PS/2 connector?
    Depending on the type of connector you’re using, why not swap the connection around and then see if the Rescue CD recognises the mouse.

Another suggestion would be to do as previously suggested and make both types of rescue media (BartPE and the full Rescue CD from Acronis).

John.

9. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Yes, mine now works without the usbmouse=off command.

10. thebigdintx

maybe i'm confused about the bart pe plug-in.....dosn't that make the rescue cd run in a windows environment insead of linux? If so, shouldn't people using windows make the rescue cd with the bart pe plug-in so that it works better (quicker, and more driver support for devices)?

11. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

AFAIK …
    The Rescue (Recovery) CD and a BartPE CD w/Acronis Plug-in are two different animals.
    The Rescue CD is created from within the Acronis TI program and requires no other input.
    The BartPE CD is created completely outside of the TI program and requires a PE builder app, the Windows Install files (usually from an installation CD) and the Acronis TI Plug-in.
    So, you can’t really create a “Rescue CD” with the Plug-in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.