I switched back to ZA Pro

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Albinoni, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

After using Comodo Ver 3 Pro FW which I did like but just found it too confusing etc, I decided to switch back to ZA Pro and now using 15 day trial on the latest Pro Version. I think its version 7 something.

ZA is a FW you either hate or love and I was using ZA Pro on two previous PC's before hand (Windows 2000 Pro PC's) and to say the least I really do like this firewall and have found it to be one of the best FW's out there. I know people out there either love it or hate it.

Sometimes there's an old saying that says "if your happy with something and it works well for you, than stick to it"

I'm now using the latest version on my top of the line Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista Ultimate and so far it's been going good, but like I said its a 15 day trial and if I like it I will buy a 1 yr license and see how I go.

2. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hi Albinoni:

Didn't you have a post on how great Superantispyware was?

I only ask because it is missing from your list of SW under your signature.

What specifically was it about CFW that made you switch?

A missing feature(s) that ZA Pro has and CFW lacks?

It would be good to know.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  3. 3xist

3xist Guest

Never had a problem with CFP 3, CFP 3 is #1 in Leak Tests, & Good Reviews on Download.com, PC Mag, etc... Once you get to learn CFP 3, Should be fine...

I was a former Zonealarm Security Suite User... Back in 2006. Just my 2 cents.

Josh

4. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Good Choice !
    I tried several FWs (firstly zafree 2.6, KPF, Tiny, Outpost, CPF etc...) and always finely returned back to ZAP (now release 7). But I deactivated all anticookies, privacy and antispyware features and Smartsecurity is set as "manual"...
    Couple ZAPro (only fw settings) + EAV 3.0 is strong !!!

Regards

5. Albinoni

I'm now runniing the following protection on my new Toshiba P200 satellite notebook PC:

1. NOD32 (The latest version before 3 was released) This is just pure AV
    2. ZA Pro Version 7
    3. Super AntiSpyware (Free Editioin)
    4. Spybot S&D
    5. Threat fire

I have disabled Windows Defender

Have had thought to put on another AV eg: Bitdefender Free On Demand as NOD32 will be my real time scanner, but I dont think I will as it really probably isnt necessary.

6. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hi again Albinoni:

So this list is different from the red list. Is that a desk top with different SW?

Is it possible TF a hips clashes with any of the others nulifying their value to you?

In Spybot do you have tea timer running real time?

Which are real time and which are on demand for both lists?

I'm worried about overlap, duplication and clashing.

Which exclusions have you set for ZA, Nod and TF?

7. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

I run ZA as well. Tried Comodo and had several major crashes. Who needs that?

8. Albinoni

To be very honest I have to update my profile here as I've done some updates to my PC's, plus I've got 4 PC's and one Server.

I've so far never run into any probs, touch wood

Yes

I am so far only running NOD32 and have not installed a 2nd backup AV but thinking about it.

I think it all comes down to trial and error

Not sure but I will have to double check for you, I just installed ZA Pro and let it basically do the work for me, thought I know there is alot of functions to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.