I ran Spybot and...

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Compgal, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Compgal

Compgal Registered Member

I ran Spybot and 2 programs came up that I had a question about. Wild Tangent came up, but I'm not woried about this one. This is a game channel that came with my computer. Also, something called Back Web lite came up. I am not familiar with this one. I was wondering if I should fix this problem. Here is the program description Spybot gave me:

Description:
    Comes with Western Digital Data Lifeline as well as with HP & Compaq systems. If you intended to install the normal BackWeb, please add BackWeb to your exclude list. But if you know nothing about installing BackWeb, chances are good that it is the 'lite' version. This one connects to a Cameocast server (Source: http://www.cexx.org/dlgli.htm), and you can read Cameo's privavy statement above.

Privacy StatementBackWeb: Stay in the loop With BackWeb's reporting capabilities, you'll know who received each delivery, when they received it, and how they interacted with it.
    CameoCast: CameoCAST pushes content to your hard drive while you are online.
    [...]This information such as the type of browser being used, its operating system, and your IP address, is gathered in order to enhance your online experience.

In the Threat line it labels it as Adware/Spyware

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Compgal,

You should have the option to remove it in your Add or Remove Programs Control Panel. It comes bundled with a lot of things nowadays. I usually advise everyone to go ahead and remove it.

HTH...

Regards,
    Kent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.