i need this software

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by CensorXw, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CensorXw

CensorXw Registered Member

internet censorship is very hard in my country!
    before this i used jap,tor,onspeed,... but all ports of them are filtered.
    now i need a new program like them?
    can u suggest?
    thank you

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I wonder if u are using a proxy ISP, how u can bypass it. I think no way?

3. CensorXw

i dont think so !
    how this programs worked?
    and i forgot jap was good too
    can any1 name programs like this?

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Tor can use ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) which are very unlikely to be blocked. If you are encountering problems connecting, check what the logs say (deleting its list of cached servers, forcing it to reload them can help with some problems).

5. CensorXw

thank you paranoid but when i run tor my system hangs.
    and it says can not reduce enough...

6. Paranoid2000

If you are seeing an error message, please include the exact wording in your post.

7. CensorXw

it just hangs dosent show any error message my system speed become lower..
    isnt any other program?:((

8. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

9. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Nice links TEX.

Hope security services are not tracking here!
    But what can you do: keep fighting the forces of darkness>Yes.

Remember the Tiananmen Sq "tank man" http://www.time.com/time/time100/leaders/profile/rebel.html
    he has been expunged from the Chinese version of the events of that week. :mad:

10. Paranoid2000

Are you running Tor from a command prompt window? If so then it will show messages so please list them. If you are using Tor with Vidalia then use the Message Log option to view the messages instead.

11. CensorXw

نوامبر 12 02:46:15:234 [Notice] Tor v0.1.1.25. This is experimental software. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity.
    نوامبر 12 02:46:15:234 [Notice] Initialized libevent version 1.1b using method win32. Good.
    نوامبر 12 02:46:15:234 [Notice] connection_create_listener(): Opening Socks listener on 127.0.0.1:9050
    نوامبر 12 02:46:16:562 [Notice] I learned some more directory information, but not enough to build a circuit.
    نوامبر 12 02:48:35:125 [Notice] Tor v0.1.1.25. This is experimental software. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity.
    نوامبر 12 02:48:35:125 [Notice] Initialized libevent version 1.1b using method win32. Good.
    نوامبر 12 02:48:35:125 [Notice] connection_create_listener(): Opening Socks listener on 127.0.0.1:9050
    نوامبر 12 02:48:35:343 [Notice] connection_create_listener(): Opening Control listener on 127.0.0.1:443
    نوامبر 12 02:48:35:343 [Warning] connection_create_listener(): Could not bind to 127.0.0.1:443: Address already in use [WSAEADDRINUSE ]. Is Tor already running?
    نوامبر 12 02:48:35:343 [Notice] options_act_reversible(): Closing Socks listener on 127.0.0.1:9050
    نوامبر 12 02:48:35:343 [Warning] Failed to parse/validate config: Failed to bind one of the listener ports.
    نوامبر 12 02:48:35:343 [Error] tor_init(): Reading config failed--see warnings above. For usage, try -h.

12. Paranoid2000

That's the problem - something else is using port 443 on your machine (most likely another copy of Tor). Use Task Manager to check for this and kill it.

If no other copies of Tor are present, then use a program like Port Explorer (or a personal firewall) to see what program is holding port 443 (normally used by web servers) and either close it - or reconfigure Tor to use another port.

13. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

This looks Arabic before the word "Notice" you are likely connected to the internet via a proxy which is why many sites are blocked, once the people controling your internet become aware of a method of bypassing the proxy they move to close it.
    Try this,
    http://www.primedius.com/
    It used to work inside Saudi but that was a few years ago

14. CensorXw

i test many ports not only 443 so its not from port!

15. CensorXw

my system font is persian is not arabic
    iran has a great system for filtering and this site is filter too!

16. tradetime

I suspect the two countires use a similar approach, the Saudis were quite good at blocking stuff also, essentially in that country you are almost part of a giant corporate network, the governmet controls the main access to the internet and effectively the ISP'a are proxy servers linking the end user to the government controlled access point the filtering system allows them to add sites to their block list as they become aware . are made aware of them. The end user then has to try and stay one step ahead, finding alternative proxy sites that are not blocked, here is another site.
    http://www.smarthide.com/

17. Paranoid2000

In that case it most certainly was - some other program on your system had hold of port 443. If you see similar messages with other ports, then either you have some very ill-behaved software hogging them all or a conflict (most likely with a firewall). In either case, the first thing to do is to identify which other program has reserved that port.

18. tradetime

Would he not encounter similar results if a proxy were blocking such ports beyond his machine. This is not something I know a great deal about, technically all a bit over my head. but am familiar with the efficiency of the blocking of sites in this part of the world.

19. Paranoid2000

No he would not - this error is due to a conflict on his machine with another application having that port allocated to it by Windows. While it is possible for applications to share a port for sending traffic, only one application can be allowed to receive traffic on a port.

20. tradetime

Ah yes my bad, I had not studied the log beyond the language point, I presime this part...Could not bind to 127.0.0.1:443:.......... tells us that the poblem is 443 on his machine (local host)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.