I need replacement for RBRx...SP or Paragon or ATI?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by fce, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Sorry, but that's not the same. Data must be somewhere else, otherwise I will lose it during reboot and I don't backup my actual system anymore. We both separated system and data, but the rest isn't the same.

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I know your strategy(at each reboot to replace the windows with an almost clean install) but the way i do work for me and is globally along the same lines in accordance with most users here.

3. fce

fce Registered Member

after trying the restore feature of SP....i got "failed" message.

and i hate waiting for 20minutes for backup....

i guess i have no choice but go back with RBRx

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

How did you image. Did you verify, and the results. And exactly what steps did you take to restore?

5. fce

fce Registered Member

after i created the image,i veriy the image and its says ok.

i restore my saved image at partition D, i selected MBR (don't know if i should select that).....then it says "failed"

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Did you delete the partition and recreate it, or did you create a bigger partition, etc

7. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Where it come from ( C ? ) and where it goes (D?) if you restore to D from C i guess it would'nt work,partition is non bootable.

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

My vote is cast for DriveSnapshot.

Easily the most efficient and trouble-free imaging app i ever seen. Closest to foolproof as any i ever used including my long time rescue line PARAGON.

IMO, with the possible exception of shadowprotect, easily the most reliable of them all, and yes i am biased toward it due to numerous imaging and restoring without so much as a single glitch, and packaged in a tiny compact program.

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi Easter,
    the problem is that the user will need to create there own recovery cd to restore system partitions.
    the user could create a vistape cd using winbuilder and that would be able to restore system partitions. or build a bartpe cd but that needs a proper windows cd and no oem cut down version.
    but my solution below is easier.
    thats why image for windows would be a better choice. the image for dos recovery cd is awesome. sure you have to get used to it but once you have its the best. almost instant start and has no problem detecting hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.