I need help choosing an imaging/backup software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zopzop, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

My friend and I have been looking for an imaging/backup/restore software solution that gives us the same flexibilty of the "quick restore" cds/dvds that are provided by computer manufacturers. Is there anything on the market right now that will let you back up to cds/dvds that pop right in the cd/dvd rom drive and automatically restore the machine like what the manufacturer's provide when you buy a new pc?

2. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Definitely in the same boat as you as my expertise sorely lacks in that important area. My idea is to find a quality imaging soft myself that can clone the entire disk INTACT and copy it to an external hard drive to store away in case of the Friday The 13th superstition. I no longer can place trust in PLASTIC media CD-DVD which has too many scenarios possible to corrupt. In my opinion saving a clone to another Hard Drive (Metal Platter)is not only a safe option but a longer lasting one also.

3. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

lots of people askin this, and we got a monster thread here, most of them have features you both are lookin for

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=139716

lots of apps to recommend but the thing with softwares is that they have to work for you. so you gota try them yourselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.