I need help, but not sure what the problem is!!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ilovepizza, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovepizza

ilovepizza Registered Member

I am having some problems with my computer and would really apperciate some help. I think they may be just a bunch of small problems, but they may be all related. I would perfer to talk over AIM or MSN to solve the problem, but if you want to talk on here I will post more info about the problem.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That would be most appreciated. Also....once We find out more info about your problem We can then move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

BTW....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

3. ilovepizza

Here is what has happened so far.

I ran Ad-ware SE professional and told it to scan everything. It keeps on freezing at a certain file. the file is located in documentsandsettings/adam/localsettings/temp/tempinternetfiles

I tried to go into the folder and delete the file, but it either crashes back to the desktop when I click the folder it is in or freezes and I have to click end program. I tried searching for the file but once it found the file the search froze. I clicked run and then browse but everytime I clicked tempinternetfiles it crashed back to the desktop. What do I do?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

How long does it appear to be froze ?

It is not unusual for Ad-Aware and a number of similar programs to pause for quite a few seconds on certain folders. In the case of the TIF folder if it is somewhat large it just might take what appears to be a long time.

5. ilovepizza

I wait 2 minutes each time I try.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would suggest you empty your Temporary Internet Files and then rescan with Adaware.

Internet Explorer\Tools\Internet Options\General tab....Temporary Internet Files\Delete files

7. ilovepizza

I already did that. There must be two different folders of temp internet files.

8. ilovepizza

What should I try next?

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Now that I re-read the post above you do appear to have a somewhat abnormal location for the TIF files with Temp in the middle.

localsettings/temp/tempinternetfiles

Have you attempted to delete the files manually in the tempinternetfiles folder ?

You could also open IE up again and tell it where that TIF folder is.

Internet Explorer\Tools\Internet Options\General tab....Temporary Internet Files\Settings....then Move Folder

Attached Files:

11. ilovepizza

I have attempted to delete the specific files ad-ware gets stuck on manually, but I have not attempted to delete all the files in the temp internet files manually.

12. ilovepizza

It says the loaction of my temp internet files is localsettings/tempinternetfiles not localsettings/temp/tempinternetfiles

13. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

Hi, ilovepizza.

I suggest you manually try to locate documentsandsettings/adam/localsettings/temp/tempinternetfiles and if it is on your computer and, after checking the contents of the folder to make sure you have not stored valid documents there, delete the remaining files.

If that doesn't work, there are many other suggestions I have up my sleeve to help. :)

14. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I still suggest you delete what's in that TIF folder and then see what happens.

Edit
    Yeah.....what thu Rose lady above said :ninja: :blink:

15. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

16. ilovepizza

This is really pissing me off. Windows explorere keeps getting an error and shuts down my computer. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

my AIM screen name is survivorfanpizza if someone wants to help me over AIM.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  17. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

I am wondering if ilovepizza is infected with an lsass worm; the symptoms sound similar to that ..

18. ilovepizza

[​IMG]

That is the stupid error I get!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  19. djuggernaut

djuggernaut Registered Member

hey,

It was already mentioned above but i'm not sure if you tried doing this in safe mode. If it is a virus or something, then safe mode might allow you to delete it without things crashing.

good luck

20. ilovepizza

I did try running ad-ware in safe mode and it still froze. I will try to delete the file in safe mode.

21. ilovepizza

My computer keeps on freezing now. My quick link bar on the botton of the screen does not work. I will click the icon on the quick link bar but nothing opens. It is strange though, because when I click the icon on the quick link bar it will say the process is running. For example, I will click the internet explorere icon on the quick link bar, to the right of start. No IE window will open, but when I click ctrl + alt + dlt and go to process it says IE is running.

22. Notok

Notok Registered Member

ilovepizza was having a hard time posting an attachment here, he had IM'ed me and I said I would post his Norton log file for him. This is a little beyond me, so if one of the Spyware Fighters wants to take a look, we'd be most obliged :)

Attached Files:

23. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

Definitely looks like some nasty spyware-adware, I suggest also posting here {CastleCops}:

Hijackthis - Spyware, Viruses, Worms, Trojans Oh My!

24. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

Definitely advanced help is needed. The temp file has been a massive storage site of nasties. In addition to Castle Cops, any of the ASAP member sites would be available for help as would LandzDown Forum where there will not likely be as long of a wait. (ASAP link in my signature as well as LandzDown & Freedomlist)

25. ilovepizza

ewido cleaned 281 files!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.