I need a very basic solution!

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by marse.robert, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

H all,

I have had to relinquish my faithful "Sandboxie" as I have upgraded to Windows 7 and I have opted for Reurnil.

At this moment, I am using Virtual System "enabled" and " drop all changes" do I need any other facility of Returnil employed?

Marse

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Marse and welcome to the forums :)

Your question should be answered by need:

1. Do you need a place to save files and data while RVS System Safe is active? IOW, do you have a data partition, additional hard drive, or other storage solution like a USB or firewire drive? If no, you may want to create an appropriately sized Virtual Disk to use for this purpose.

2. Do you want to restrict activation of applications to those that already exist on your real system (were there before enabling the virtualization)? If yes, you may want to experiment with the Anti-execute options (Virus Guard > Additional protection options...).

3. Do you have a list of files you edit regularly (Ex: living WORD document shared with colleagues)? If yes, you may want to add them to your File Manager list so they can be saved to your real hard drive enmass as appropriate or as needed.

4. Do you have e-mails (pop3) that you store on your local hard drive? If yes, you should alter your e-mail client's preferences so that your e-mails, folders, etc are changed to a non-system drive (Ex: Data drive D:\, USB backup drive E:\, RVS Virtual Disk Z:\, etc )

Mike

3. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Thankyou Coldmoon,

Thus far, I like what I see in Returnil and I believe that this application will adequately replace "Sandboxie."

Thus far, I am using the "free" Returnil application for the learning curve, and I will be considering the other facets contained in Returnil that you have mentioned - which I thank you.

Marse

4. MikeRogers

MikeRogers Registered Member

AFAIK Sandboxie supports Windows 7, it just doesn't support 64-bit Windows (including Vista and XP). It would be a shame to give up on such a good product for the wrong reasons.

MikeR

5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Mike,
    I apologize for missing that part of the conversation, but was focused on the RVS side. You are correct and I would go further to say that RVS and SBIE work very well together (from reports to date) on versions of Windows supported by both programs. As long as she isn't upgrading to Win 7 64-bit, she should be good to go...

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.