I messed up

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WilliamP, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I removed my old AV then purchased NOD32 . I didn't realize it would take 24 hours to get my user name and password so I decided to download the trial version so I would have protection. It asked for a user name and password. I tried to put something in but it wouldn't take it. I clicked next and went on. Today I got my user name and password. It said to remove the trial version but it won't let me. It wants the password. I have E Mailed support. I need help.

2. radicalb21

radicalb21 Registered Member

Did you by chance password protect the options in the program? If you did this would cause this problem. What operating system are you running?

3. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi WilliamP,

> It said to remove the trial version but it won't let me. It wants the password.

It seems you have locked the NOD settings with a password. If you don't remember it you should have already received a reply from the support.

Rgds., :)

jan

4. WilliamP

I clicked on the trial version but it asked for a user name and password . I didn't have one so I clicked on next and went on. So there is no password. Eset tried to send me a a file to download but Outlook blocked it.

5. WilliamP

I am running windows XP SP1a. I have changed my E Mail to Outlook so it can be scanned by EMON. If you can help it would be great.

6. jan

Hi,

>Eset tried to send me a a file to download but Outlook blocked it.

The support has sent you that file with renamed extension so that you can receive it.

Thanks, :)

jan

7. WilliamP

I received the file and they said to rename it. Well I tried but it wouldn't let me do anything. I downloaded it to my drive and tried to rename it. I believe that I can receive the exe file now because I reset the security in Outlook.

8. WilliamP

Jan it seems that I must have gotten the commercial version but I know I clicked on the trial version. I didn't have my password so there is no password in there. Why can't they send me the code to unlock it so I can straighten this out. I have paid for it and have my user name and password. I just want to get it where I can get updates and configure it. Please help!

9. jan

Hi William,

sorry, do you think it's good to solve the issue on more places - then it's possible we'll mess up too. Could you pls. communicate direct with the support? They are ready to help you.

Thanks, :)

jan

10. WilliamP

I was able to rename by saving it to my doc. right clicking then renaming. But that only worked after going into Explorer Tools, Folder options, Views and unchecking hide file extensions.

11. jan

Hi William,

sorry, I don't know exactly how the support has sent you the file - have you sent them an e-mail?

Thanks,

jan

12. WilliamP

Jan . Support sent me a file that had ex_ and I had to rename and run it. I E Mailed the ID and they sent me an unlock code. When I tried to unlock NOD32 it told me the unlock code was invalid. So I am waiting for a reply from support.

13. jan

William,

OK - I believe the support will solve it.

Thx., :)

jan

14. WilliamP

I received the correct unlock code today. Everything is great. Support came through!!!

15. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Glad all has been sorted out, William ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.