i install programs but regdefend do nothing

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by asmn73, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmn73

asmn73 Registered Member

i install programs like FlashPlayer Plus but regdefend do nothing .
    i use the program within trial period and update it.
    my os is win xp sp2
    please help me

2. tlu

tlu Guest

If these programs don't write to those parts of the registry that are protected by RD - why should RD do anything? Have you checked this?

3. asmn73

asmn73 Registered Member

which part do you mean ?
    i want RD protect all parts ,but i dont know HOW?
    The setting has a little options.

4. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

asmn73,
    I think that what tlu was referring to was that the programs that you installed didn't create or modify keys in the more security sensitive parts of the registry

For example if the program you were installing was to automatically run every time, then a registry entry (or a shortcut) would have been created to do that. RegDefend would have issued an alert if that type of registry entry was created and you would have had the opportunity to allow or deny the change

The general idea behind what RegDefend is protecting is to achieve a balance between protecting important parts of the registry and avoiding alerts for unnecessary things. The idea of constantly protecting "everything" is not something that you would find very enjoyable due to the level of alerting you would experience

I'm sure that someone could help if you wanted to do something specific and had a time frame in mind when you wanted to have the rule set in place (ie: during normal running, just during an install or while testing some unknown software)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.