I hope F-Secure Team Reads This!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wildvirus88, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

I don't know what's the problem with F-Secure team in the last months.
    F-Secure is a very good AV software but users are not receiving replies from F-Secure labs about samples, tickets or support in the last months.
    F-Secure team can't keep the samples formulary working properly and frequently we can't send the samples. When we send, we don't receive reply and some samples are added only after 3, 5 or 7 days...
    We like F-Secure and we send the samples and feedbacks because we want to see F-Secure AV as the best AV software.
    Take a look at http://forum.f-secure.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5618 and http://forum.f-secure.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6712 and you'll see that I'm not the only one that is having problems.
    I sent samples to ESET, BitDefender and other companies in the past and now I'm sending only to F-Secure because I trust in the company but it's hard to keep trusting when you can't keep a formulary without problems or when you ignore some samples. It's the reason about I stopped sending samples do ESET years ago.
    We collect samples and we like to see F-Secure detecting it hours after... We don't like to see samples that we send being detected by other AVs but not by F-Secure (and we know that we sent the samples days ago).
    It's very frustrating to see it and see that our tickets or topics are ignored for days or weeks...
    I don't know if you are in vacation or if you're watching olympic games but I know that viruses don't get vacation and don't watch olympic games.
    Wake up people!
    F-Secure have all potential do be the best AV software... Don't lose it...
    o_O

OBS: Please remove previous topic named "I hope Kaspersky Team Reads This! - F-Secure"

2. Jin K

Jin K Registered Member

same with Kaspersky lab!!!!

no respond from 3 days!! maybe they are watching the olympic games too :(

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Lol if you want them to read it go post it on there forums. otherwise it just looks like people trying to start drama with a title like that

4. wildvirus88

It's in F-Secure forums for weeks with no response... When they reply is something like "we're verifying" or "we had problems in the last days..." but "the last days" never end... \o/
    I'm not creating but I think it's really a drama that is making me cry for months... :p
    I like F-Secure and I really like do get samples and send to FS Labs but actually it's sad to see that the samples are ignored and that F-Secure labs seems to be exploded and maybe everyone are dead...
    It's the only acceptable excuse... :|

5. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Maybe the title should be "I hope everyone else reads this". What end result are you trying to get?

6. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

sorry but the post and the complaining about F-Secure here really does nothing to change it other then get people riled up on this forum. I just don't see the point in posting something that really has no answer but continues complaints. and no way to be fixed. on our end.

that's just my point of view.

7. wildvirus88

It's a manifest/revolt and that's all. You don't need to understand.

8. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

So in other words this thread can be closed seance is servers absolutely no meaning at all ? :cautious:

9. wildvirus88

I think it can stay open because I expect that F-Secure team reads it and say something... Maybe before the end of olympic games... :|

10. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Maybe they cant read English or use Google translator then what :doubt:

11. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

I would try contacting Mikko Hyppönen directly: link - I'm sure he'll hear you ;)

12. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I found the F-Secure forum the least responsive of any forum I have used. However, their Support is one of the best when contacting them direct.
    I was never able to get a response on the forum from FS, but only from other members. I appreciated their help, but since it an FS forum where are the FS reps?

Best,
    Jerry

13. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

I would say to highly about Support. Yes they respond within 24 hrs, but that's all they do. FIS 2008 would crash whenever I tried to do on-demand scan. Support gave me the 'Dobert Support' answer :mad: . Uninstall & Re-install. It worked again few days late the same.... Again support gave same answer.o_O

Fed up, I diagnosed found the issue to be with Intel Network Drivers on my laptop. When I use wireless network and start on-demand scan. F-Secure would crash. o_O

So F-Secure Support finds no love from me .... And yes, forum is ok for general discussion where other users can help. Don't expect any body from F-Secure to read posts in their own forum.

14. wildvirus88

I sent an e-mail and receive it (and only it):

At least it used to be sampo.simonen@kolumbus.fi...

o_O

15. Windfresh

Windfresh Registered Member

Tiagozt,
    You had better get in touch with Kaspersky Lab, so as it is Kaspersky who forms virii base for the antiviruses of Kaspersky family (F-Secure, GDATA, Escan). As I got it from the answers from GDATA one should send his/her samples out right to Kaspersky or Avast labs (cause their signatures are being used by GDATA). The same goes about F-Secure, I presume. Yes, they have engines and modules of their own, but the core of their signature base, what makes them brilliant in detection is that of Kaspersky. So contact Kaspersky guys directly. Besides, by sending samples to Kaspersky lab you will provide several antiviruses with this kind of data.
    And, really there is a hot summer in Europe now-we all are a bit relaxed. The lab analysts in Moscow and Helsinki must be relaxed too. You in Brazil are overcoming winter.:D . Just wait when it all will be upside down.:)

16. wildvirus88

Today I received from Mikko:
    ---
    Thanks for your note; I will check this out.

Mikko
    ---
    We'll see...

17. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Success! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.