I have TI 8 build 889

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by amroth_99, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amroth_99

amroth_99 Registered Member

I have a dell E510 (sata drive) with usb keyboard and mouse and TI 8 Rescue cd doesnt support the usb keyboard and mouse. Is there a fix for that or do I need to purchase a later version of TI ...

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello amroth_99,

First thing I would do is update your TI8 to Build 937 and create a new bootable rescue CD. Check out the Acronis Support Sticky titled <PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST> for details on how to obtain the update.

If, after that, the problem remains the same then boot into your Dell's BIOS setup and see if there is a setting similar to "Legacy USB Devices" or "USB Keyboard". If so, try changing it to "Enable" or vice versa.

Regards

3. amroth_99

I updated to the latest TI8 937---Nope that didnt do it... no usb keyboard or mouse support (media restore) and I used the expanded media restore option rather than the safe option. This does not help me at all with the E510 Dell.. I have since deleted the Symantec Restore that dell sends with the unit and installed a different os... At any rate... I need some way of "fixing" this so my keyboard and mouse work with acronis media restore. There is no option for usb enable or disable-these computers come standard with usb keyboard and mouse and no ps2 kb or mouse port.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello amroth_99,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm not sure if you actually tried to follow Menorcaman's suggestion and disabled\enabled "USB Legacy Support" or "USB Keyboard" option in your computer's BIOS. If not then please try it, since it might solve the problem.

If that does not help then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that since you use an older version of Acronis True Image you should press F11 button when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears (Acronis True Image 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD does not have any selection screen).

If the problem still persists then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Let us know the exact vendors and models of your USB mouse and keyboard;

- Download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, create new Bootable Rescue CD, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists. Inform us about the result.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  5. amroth_99

There is no option to enable disable usb on this computer-it is strictly usb keyboard and mouse-no ps2 ports at all. I downloaded the latest true image 9 build 2337 and it created a cd that supports the usb keyboard and usb drive so im happy about that at least. Otherwise in 8 I have no luck...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.