I have three questions.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dannyeluciane, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyeluciane

dannyeluciane Registered Member

Hello, not to long ago I purchased a 3 pack license of Nod32 v 3.0 Antivirus. I have three questions.

My Nod32 antivirus version is 3.0.669.0

1)I gave two of my licenses to family members. I don't have access to their computers. I exported my nod32 configurations to a .xml file. I want to know if it is possible for me to e-mail them my configuration .xml file and have them import it to their nod32? Will my configuration .xml file work on their computers?

2) I use Windows XP Pro. SP3 Brazilian Portuguese Version. I read the sticky about the Windows Live Messenger File Transfer Scan settings. I want to know if I modified the settings correctly. I changed Program Files to Arquivos de Programas. Do I need to change anything else? It looks like:

"C:\Arquivos de Programas\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe" /adv-heur /adware /arch /auto /boots /files /mail /no-log-all /pattern /quarantine /rtp /sfx /subdir /unsafe /unwanted

3)I use the free ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker toolbar. I noticed that Nod32 detects it as a virus. Is this a false positive or should I avoid installing it on my computer?

Thank you,
    Danny

2. dannyeluciane

dannyeluciane Registered Member

Hello,

I figured out some answers to my questions; so I wanted to post the answers I found in case it would help others.

1) The configuration .xml file I sent to my family by email was imported to their nod32 without any problems. It is working without any glitches.

2) I didn't figure out about the Windows Live/MSN Messenger settings for my Portuguese version of Windows XP Pro, but it seems to be working the way I configured it without any problems. I am not too concerned about it, because either way Nod32 scans all the files, even if messenger is not configured correctly. If anyone knows more about this let me know.

3) I Googled the ZoneAlarm Spyblocker/Ask Toolbar. The problem is the Ask Toolbar. It is possible malware. I am going to avoid using it. I uninstalled it from my computer.

I am impressed with Nod32 :thumb:, and I will continue to recommend it to my family and friends. I like how you install it and it does everything with little user intervention and uses little resources. Great product, easy to use! :)

Thanks,
    Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.