I have three questions.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dannyeluciane, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyeluciane

dannyeluciane Registered Member

Hello, not to long ago I purchased a 3 pack license of Nod32 v 3.0 Antivirus. I have three questions.

My Nod32 antivirus version is 3.0.669.0

1)I gave two of my licenses to family members. I don't have access to their computers. I exported my nod32 configurations to a .xml file. I want to know if it is possible for me to e-mail them my configuration .xml file and have them import it to their nod32? Will my configuration .xml file work on their computers?

2) I use Windows XP Pro. SP3 Brazilian Portuguese Version. I read the sticky about the Windows Live Messenger File Transfer Scan settings. I want to know if I modified the settings correctly. I changed Program Files to Arquivos de Programas. Do I need to change anything else? It looks like:

"C:\Arquivos de Programas\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe" /adv-heur /adware /arch /auto /boots /files /mail /no-log-all /pattern /quarantine /rtp /sfx /subdir /unsafe /unwanted

3)I use the free ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker toolbar. I noticed that Nod32 detects it as a virus. Is this a false positive or should I avoid installing it on my computer?

Thank you,
    Danny

2. dannyeluciane

dannyeluciane Registered Member

Hello,

I figured out some answers to my questions; so I wanted to post the answers I found in case it would help others.

1) The configuration .xml file I sent to my family by email was imported to their nod32 without any problems. It is working without any glitches.

2) I didn't figure out about the Windows Live/MSN Messenger settings for my Portuguese version of Windows XP Pro, but it seems to be working the way I configured it without any problems. I am not too concerned about it, because either way Nod32 scans all the files, even if messenger is not configured correctly. If anyone knows more about this let me know.

3) I Googled the ZoneAlarm Spyblocker/Ask Toolbar. The problem is the Ask Toolbar. It is possible malware. I am going to avoid using it. I uninstalled it from my computer.

I am impressed with Nod32 :thumb:, and I will continue to recommend it to my family and friends. I like how you install it and it does everything with little user intervention and uses little resources. Great product, easy to use! :)

Thanks,
    Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.