I have contacted EST Support recieved this

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by routerguy99, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. routerguy99

routerguy99 Registered Member

I have done what they ask, I submitted the virus to them along with a support case.. to help with a virus, then I received this email...

This cant be good..:doubt:

~Private communications and Virus Total results removed per the Terms Of Service for using these forums. - Ron~

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Interestingly , if the communication has been removed , how can one comment/discuss the OP's question ?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Instead of closing the thread, the poster has an option to describe the problem by his own words. Then we can try to help him.

4. routerguy99

routerguy99 Registered Member

short story of what Happened.
    I am over some small business, I needed help, I used my own license to contact support.
    I had some file that contained Virus (known) but nod did not catch them, I submitted them through the normal process and after a week never heard anything back I was very upset. They had me do scans from another web site to verify that they were really virus.. That made me really upset. then after going through support and sending the files directly to them they have added the virus to the definition files as of today 10/3/08.. but all it all it turned out really fine and dandy..
    :D

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's better to email suspicious files directly to samples[at]eset.com in a RAR archive protected with the password "infected". Please always enclosed as much information about the files as possible (ie. where you downloaded them from, the full path to them on the disk, etc.). In such case, I'm sure that detection for it will be added swiftly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.