I got viruses please help

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Hellboy, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellboy

Hellboy Registered Member

Trojan or Virus, Bloodhound.Packed, Backdoor.Mutny, Trojan.Startpage and Dloader-FC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

Few days ago my dad opened an email which as you can see delivered all above viruses and trojans. Since then I have been going through the logs and system registery and cleaning all the trojans, I have used Symantec(norton), Ad-aware, Spybot, Xoftspy and few other spyware and adware removal tools, I have gone through step by step removing each and every files explained in Many websites, but the bloody thing keeps coming everytime I restart the pc. Oh yes, I have made a bootable cd and removed it from boot sector and memory as well but it didnt help! dont laugh but i was so pissed off, i was about to remove the motherboard battery! haha (joke)

Ok, Im not too experienced in pc like you all but i do ok, however, I need your help. First of all, the pc is 100 times slower! I get a red desktop with few internet links in it (ofcourse "warning you have spyware, click here to remove it"), I can not remove this desktop because everytime i go to remove it, the mouse wont click on any other desktop picture in display properties.

Every time i loginto windows (XP Pro SP2), I see about 20 weired .exe files loading in task manager. THey are all in system32 directory, i remove them, then they show up with a different name such as QLP.EXE, or KPE.EXE and ect.

THe most important effect is that I can not see the desktop files at all! I only have Recycle bin and on the desktop. I tried to search for the directories but they are not there, however, the search result shows them in C:\Desktop! hows that possible! there was not desktop in C:\! all the users are supposed to be in document and setting then username, then desktop. (What a virus!)

The other problem is everytime I put something on the desktop, it will double! yes, you read it right! same name, same extention! haha im going creazy here!

I have restarted the pc and used hijackthis to get a log for you. you can see a lot of stuff in host file, I have tried to remove them even in safe mode, it wont let me even after loging as admin.

I am about to format the bloody hard drive and lost all the files. Please give me an ulternative, please help.

~ snip ~ Please do not post HJT Logs ~ Blackspear

ok thats it, I hope the info is enough. Norton tells me i got these viruses but it can not remove it even in safe mode. XoftSpy detects the Troj/Dloader-FC, says that it removed it but if i run it again, it detects the virus again.

I thank you in advance for your feedback.

Regards,

Kev

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2005
  2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Wilders does not provide one-on-one HijackThis log analysis and system cleaning services anymore . I suggest you post your log at http://castlecops.com/forum67.html , but before you do:

First you got to disable System-Restore (you can allways enable after your clean again), and download install/update Ewido Anti-trojan and then run all your apps in safemode again.

Info on startpage , mutny and bloodhound . There is also the very comprehensive GENERAL Virus and Trojan removal Instructions here at Wilders.

Hope this helps :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.