I got one of those Windows 7 32/64 bit box sets. I have 32 bit installed now.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

he key will work for either version. what i meant was you can only use it for ONE of them at a time. so you would have to remove the 32 version or format the drive THEN install the 64bit version. if you leave the 32 on and try to also install the 64 at the SAME time it will tell you the product key is already in use.

any win7 lic key is good for either version 32 or 64 (as long as they are the same i.e. home premium, ultimate etc) you just cant use BOTH at the same time. that means on one pc or two. the key will only allow one to be activated at any given time.

so simply backup your data and format them install 64bit and use the same key. or is that not what you want to do??

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Ok thanks I'll install Ubuntu or reformat then use the key on the 64 bit dvd. Thanks.

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I have a recovery partition but not a disk made. IDK if the recovery disk was from the original 64 bit or the installed 32 bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.