I Found a Keeper... AhnLab V3 365 Clinic IS Suite

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rodneym, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

rodneym.

you are pushing to hard. Post the link and let it go. If it's that great they would make it easy

2. rodneym

rodneym Registered Member

Peter hows this cause you a problem? Liking something and promoting it, causes you grief? Why the hassle? Live and let live, or is this a control issue?

My theory is you find a very nice product, encourage people to try it, then if they buy it it gives the developer an opportunity to open up a bigger market, and do more development.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Because it's starting to feel like trolling.

4. rodneym

But it's not....You know what they say about feelings vs facts...You can't always trust your feelings, and there is nothing under your bed.

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

This is the download link:
    hxxp://provide.ahnlab.com/v3365/v30/download/V3Clinic_Setup.exe

These days, AhnLab and Hauri (also Korean), don't seem to be too interested in selling their products outside of Korea, as they both only list old versions of their security software on their international websites.

6. rodneym

Man Roger you keep coming thru.

Yea I was thinking the same thing. If you want people outside Korea to try it you have to make it available. That is why I was trying to help people here, so they could have the opportunity to try it out.

It's a great product.

Maybe S.K doesn't realize that there is a market here in the US.

You think they would do some planning and research, in their sales dept.

7. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Maybe it is more political than that.

8. guest

guest Guest

South Korean companies doesn't care of western markets, i found an awesome snapshot software made by a SK company, they never bothered sell it outside their country.

9. rodneym

Strange. I mean we are talking sells and money here...

10. rodneym

Could be.

11. roger_m

There's nothing strange about it. There are a lot of foreign software companies that don't care about the west. It fairly common for companies to release English language products, and then a few years later abandon them, to focus on their domestic market.

For example, in 2008 Kingsoft put a lot of effort into promoting their products outside China. They offered a six month trial of Kingsoft Internet Security and even had an English language support forum. A few years later the paid antivirus was replaced with different free one, and then a few years later they completely abandoned their English language products (aside from their Office suite). Baidu is another example, they briefly entered the English market with their antivirus, and some other tools such as PC Faster, all of which have also been abandoned.

These are just a few examples. Other examples include Rising Antivirus and HaoZip.

12. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Surely a lot of software is embedded in goods and services that SK exports to the US, worth 80 billion USD per year.

13. NiteRanger

NiteRanger Registered Member

I believe their products are not as good as those well-established brands

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  14. rodneym

Maybe they do so to launch the product, to generate revenue from the US and then after the initial burst of western sales concentrate on their own country. Too bad really.

15. rodneym

How to Sign up for Ahnlab Account, using Chrome.

Several people wrote me and asked how to set up an account to use the free 30 day trial.

As Roger suggested, use Chrome Browser, then do the following... I made screen shots for you.

Go here: https://shop.ahnlab.com/jump/jsp/login/login_form.jsp#

Now see these screen shots to help guide you in making your free account: https://imgur.com/a/7gwsE

16. NiteRanger

Thank you very much.

I'll try again :)

17. rodneym

Good Luck

18. guest

guest Guest

i don't talk about giants like Samsung or others, which is obvious they targets the whole globe but more about smaller companies like the one i cited.

19. rodneym

Well you know what this makes you? "The Giant Killer"

20. rodneym

After the screens shots this is the agreement, just for clarification.

1. Click [Download trial version] button to go to V3 365 Clinic homepage.
    [Download] - [Download Program] of V3 365 Clinic Homepage and save the installation file to the desired folder.
    2. Run the saved file to install it.
    3. In the <Enter Computer Name> screen, enter the computer name for V3 365 Clinic Installed PC Management,
    On the <User Authentication> screen, enter the ID and password of the AMP website.
    4. After user authentication is completed, you can experience the same performance free of charge.
    5. You can install up to 3 V3 365 Clinic Trial Editions.

21. rodneym

More info from Roger:

AhnLab v9 is for enterprise users.

For home users they have V3 Lite and V3 365 Clinic.

V3 Lite is free, but will only install on a PC with Korean language.

On the other hand V3 365 Clinic can be used outside Korea, and installs in English.

22. NiteRanger

Hi

I managed to get Google Chrome auto-translation working now. I need to disable ALL my extensions, not run in Incognito mode and clear ALL my browsing data before auto-translation can work. Doing one or two of the aforementioned will NOT work.

However, in the last picture of the second link I could not get that popup to appear. I'm referring to the one with the orange box. Using my friend's PC I was able to get that popup with the orange box which requires me to install an extension. But that was my friend's computer not mine. I'm not sure whether it was caused by mutiple tries on my part. It pop up a message saying the webpage could not be accessed.

I'm going to try again tomorrow and if it fails then I just forget about it.

BTW, many thanks for the help

23. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

Is this more likely designed for the home market (South Korea) as a prevention suite against NK, does anyone know if the AV database is catering largely for attacks from NK and what is the AV engine?

24. rodneym

I bet roger (he has posts above) would know...

25. roger_m

It's their own engine, and it is clearly not just targeted at NK, as it has been doing very well in testing at AV-Test. For example in the most recent Windows 10 test, it got 6 out of 6 stars for protection.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.