I don't want to be a pain I've got some questions

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sly stone, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sly stone

sly stone Registered Member

Hi
    I joined this forum because google linked you up as Spyware blaser forum. I have a few questions and I'll try not to be stupid. I'm out of work with a illness, I'm on the computer 7-9 hours a day and I have alot of free time. I have a dell computer that is sick and on life support. It's ok now if I stay within things that I can do that won't efect performance and the internet. So here's my questions, What's spyware blaster memory usage? Just around. Second on the download com site they say in the rating that it only covers certain browsers, but "you can create a customized blacklist that will function across multiple browsers" I've never seen this posted anywhere before and if you could I would need to know how to do it. The customers reviews were weird because four or five say that a trogan or a worm got downloaded with it. I would use the spyware blaster main site and my virus scan would go off before the download was done, infact it might stop me, not worried. Last I just posted to a guy who said that his Ariva virus scan called Spyware Blaster I think adware, don't remember. Anyone else know of this? that's the virus scan I own. :eek: :blink: That's me sometimes dazed and confused. :D

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Well Google pointed you to the right place :) - this is the location of the official support forum for SpywareBlaster (as well as other programs - please feel free to look around).

SpywareBlaster doesn't use any services, drivers, or anything that constantly runs in the background, consuming your computer's memory and processing time. You just open SpywareBlaster, set your protection, and close it - you're protected. It's about as low-overhead as is possible. :cool:

SpywareBlaster supports the following web browsers:
    • Internet Explorer
      and any browsers that use the Internet Explorer engine, including:
      • AOL web browser
      • Avant Browser
      • Slim Browser
      • Maxthon (formerly MyIE2)
      • and more
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Netscape
    • Seamonkey
    • Flock

If you're using a browser on that list, you really don't need to worry about any of the optional, additional tools that SpywareBlaster offers - your browser will be detected and covered. :)

(If you'd like to learn more about some of the additional tools, that information is available both here and in the online knowledgebase.)

There were a few anti-virus scanners that falsely flagged the new version of SpywareBlaster. These were false-positive detections, and most have since been resolved by the affected anti-virus companies.

I should add that the majority of anti-virus scanners have not, and continue not to have, these problems. If such false-positive detections on the part of your anti-virus program annoy you, it's probably worth investigating other anti-virus options that don't have as frequent issues (and there are plenty).

Regardless, if you download SpywareBlaster from one of the sites listed on http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html , you're getting a legitimate and clean version of SpywareBlaster that is digitally signed.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.