I do not think all has been said regarding TDS-3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Denny, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MIRROR

MIRROR Registered Member

TDS Topic Closed...WHYo_O

I notice some genuine concerns & valid questions along with their inquiries have been left unsatisfactorily unanswered then that Topic was quickly considered closed by the same person who is dodging offering refunds for those who were denied the upgrade to TDS4. Dallen had some very pointed and valid concerns, i don't care if it's been 10 years, YOU MADE YOUR MONEY NOW WHY WON'T YOU HONOR THE AGREEMENTS?
    Because this is how all the so called anti-spyware groups are turning ugly. Look only at Lavasoft to see the similarities. They made plenty of revenue and profited mostly from the generosity of others only to turn their back on them all after they got what they wanted. *puppy*

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Re: TDS Topic Closed...WHYo_O

Let see. You promise your boy a brand new car on his 18th birthday. Then when he is 17 1/2 you lose your job and are going thru savings a a big rate, and his 18th birthday comes around your going to take your mortgage and grocery money and buy him the car to honor your agreement. Right.

Lets be just a bit rational.

3. Caver

Caver Guest

Re: TDS Topic Closed...WHYo_O

Actually that would be down to planning, not in not loseing a job. But, not thinking and planning for that possibility.

4. T2K

T2K Guest

5. hardhead

hardhead Registered Member

I have been a loyal DiamondCS coustomer for years.
    I have to admit that I was surprised to find that the software was discontinued when I got back from vacation. I'm not here to talk about email, etc.... I took up the offer for the free Process Guard software. :D

Best of luck with the new and up coming DiamondCS software for the future.

Regards,
    hardyhar

6. T2K

T2K Guest

Glad you like BOClean, but I'd never make a quick jump to a program of such importance. I'd have to give a serious try to all the competing programs and keep them all installed for a few days (each) to see how they behave. Play around with different settings and see how it all works out. Then make my mind up later on.

I am not an impulse buyer and, no matter how many good reviews I may read, I still have to try the competition. That takes time.

There is no excuse for discontinuing TDS without notice.

There is also the issue of insincerity. The new program DCS is promising sounds like TDS-4 with a changed name. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like being lied to. I do not accept the explanation that TDS is dead and something new is on horizon. It is TDS-4. I don't even care about the free upgrade (3 to 4), but I just don't like being told obvious lies to my face.

What is also a factor here is that DCS has pushed away potential Anti-Trojan software customers. People are not going to wait forever for the "new, secret" program. If someone buys A2 or Ewido now, why in hell would they run to buy whatever DCS puts out when (or rather IF...) they do? Lost sales.

I don't know if this was all Wayne's idea, but this whole situation (how it was handled) is completely ridiculous.

Tom

7. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Peter .
    Let's see . How rude of you to compare apples to oranges and get on someone about it . In NO way is it the same ! NO WAY . With all DUE respect to DCS , they are STILL in business and , AFTER many long YEARS , THEY decided it was too much to continue to do . It is called piss poor management . A man losing his job is completely different and I take it personally that anyone can be so rude as to say that to someone else . Get the facts straight before you start telling people how wrong they are . Very sad !

8. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Registered Member

I think this thread has run it's course and has become redundant. Time for a mod to close it IMO.

9. Like many, I was shocked to find out today (SUN) about the TDS-3/4 situation. I would be VERY reluctant to take a free license for any of their DCS software regardless of how much they tell me it is not being discontinued also--- after all, actions speak louder than words., and their actions during this time with TDS-3 have finally revealed what many suspected for years--- there never was, and never will be TDS-4, at least under that name. If you recall about six months ago, DCS made mention of possibly having to charge for subscriptions to the active-guard function TDS-4 and were immediately shot down by folks who wanted them to honor their promises when they purchased their software. I beleive it was then, many months ago, that the decision was made to go this route, but as long as they could continue to get mileage with TDS-3, they would continue to sell the program. A very disingenuous move on their part-- I guess they didn't send out emails to all us folks who have been with them for years because they were hoping to many of us would just disappear and go away. Now they want me to take licenses for their other programs as compensation. Sorry guys, you have lost ALL credibility. I will be writing you tomorrow for a cash refund-- I hope others follow suit and are not duped by your offers for other software that will also soon meet a hasty demise without warning.

10. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi Wayne,

This is also something of concern, since you didn't email none of your actual owner of TDS-3, can you tell me How does people who own TDS-3 but never came to your forum or any forums for that matter, will know about the discontinuation of TDS-3 and how will they be able to take on your offero_O?

Best regards,
    Atomas31

11. Snook

Snook Registered Member

What! No TDS-4....! And to think I was already dream'n of TDS-5!

12. Carver

Carver Guest

I am using a² and Ewido.I got no Email, nothing, Zilch, bubkiss, bums rush, letdown, and I am registered user of TDS-3.

13. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I`m using a² also and find it a great little program. Waiting for OA to come out to get at that, cuz I think that`ll make a great TDS replacement. ;)

14. StevieO

StevieO Guest

TDS3 Free Key + Download

Now TDS is no longer supported etc, i think it would be a very nice jesture if it was made available for DL again. And a FREE Key issued so people could still make use of the program as is.

Would everybody like to see that happen, and can you Please make it happen DCS ?

StevieO

15. good idea

good idea Guest

Re: TDS3 Free Key + Download

That's a very good idea StevieO.

16. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

While searching through old mail for TDS3 keyfile I came across this:

How poignant!

17. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Registered Member

That implies software in general. Software of which PG or PE could be described as. It does not name TDS-3 specifically.

18. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

Good legalistic reply - it literally does not explicitly specify which future software! I had picked up on that. But what about the issue of "benefit"? I can hardly "benefit" from PG and PE if I already paid for them.

But I'm not complaining, mind you, though I do wish I could be compensated with something other than PG or PE, which I already have (as well as WG and CryptoSuite - purchased when it was a DCS product). I have no friend savvy enough to benefit from a free PG or PE licence, so I can't even go that route. But them's the breaks.

At least I have the opportunity and motive now to explore other AT solutions, and am enjoying trialling a2 and Ewido. So that's a little ray of sunshine, eh? Soon enough I'll pay up for one of them, and wait to see how long it lasts.

19. steverio

steverio Registered Member

Most of the savvy ones I know of are right here in this forum. An extra copy of PG or PE is better than nothing. Maybe later you can use it on another computer or find someone smart enough to give it to. I don't know of any friends either to benefit from PG or PE. :doubt:

20. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

Us usual: first of all understand that I am happy with the decision made by DCS, still in sympathy with the company and looking forward to what they will be developing.

Peter brought up good points - but I have to admit I don't agree at all. (No offense to you , Peter :rolleyes: )

then what about this:

What should be considered is not only ppl here being disencouraged from buying future products, not only lurkers who feel the same but aren't reflected in the numbers of posts (maybe they are covered by counting every post as one person, maybe not), and not even these ppl talking their friends or other security-forum-visitors out of it, but[/i] also that these people might have more or less google-prominent websites about how to secure ones computer that they might be taking down or even use to tell people not to go with DCS. ...or might put up new anti-dcs websites with a name like www.diamondcs.sucks.com and clever search engine handling...
    Now I don't think this is likely to happen, but you just can't play down the possible damage by mentioning the number of posts here.

I have never had to manage something like it, but I like it when it goes like this: When a piece of software, essential to the reliable working of one's working environment and part of the essential value of which is updates (like TDS, but also like OSs), is stopped being developed, people are giving notice beforehand as to when this is going to happen. Of course people who didn't pay hundreds of dollars for the software might not be actually entitled to this, but I thought Customer Care was about not putting customers into awkward situations no matter how much they've paid -- when it can be avoided at a reasonable price.
    Maybe the comparison is not apt, but both M$ and Novell (SuSE) announce when they will stop supporting old versions of their OS -- waaaay beforehand. (and that's valid even for users of SuSE linux who didn't pay anything for getting the software. It's simply not a question of price, when the means to do it are readily available, as I take them to have been in our case as well.)

Now either the phone company doesn't care about you as a customer or, if they do, then as a direct consequence of it they should think about how to make you like them again. And we all agree that DCS is thinking about how to keep their customers happy, else we wouldn't have the PG/PE offers. Then what we're having here is that customers are giving (valuable) feedback as to which means are likely to achieve that and which are not.

In the suggestion that a notice beforehand would have been nicer than none, I am not even implying that this was an available option. Technically it was - see newsletter, homepage change etc. But there might be more behind it which might have prevented it (tough luck both on the company and its customers, but that happens), but then again as Wayne said, it is reasonable not to speculate -- neither in favour nor against DCS's way of handling things. Thus my point is simply it would have been nicer if...

Cheers,
    Andreas

21. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

talking of non-disclosure-agreements...

we haven't heard back from anyone yet who went to get a refund. but that might not be a bad sign (if they were turned away, we would for sure have heard about it ;) )

and - has anyone heard anything from Gavin recently?

(both points which have already been brought up very early by an anon poster, but strangely enough they weren't adressed yet.)

Andreas

22. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I'd like to know that as well.. that was one of the first questions I had, although didn't post..

23. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Andreas and Notok,

A few days after TDS was discontinued, I got a very nice email from Gavin.

You can also look at Gavin's profile here at the board:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/member.php?u=260
    ;)

I certainly hope that all is well with Wayne and Gavin, and I definitely wish them and DCS all the very best !!!
    I guess they are very busy.
    I'm looking forward to whatever new program DCS might come up with.

Cheers, Jan.

24. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I'm not. Once you totally go back on promises you made as a business, screwing your customers, you're all done in my book. Pete

25. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Yup, they`re scratched off my Christmas list too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.