I do not think all has been said regarding TDS-3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Denny, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

If you read Wayne's comments you see how painful it is for him and the team as well. And of course they all at DiamondCS are facing the effects of it. Fortunately they go on with double speed to give us the best they can.

Somewhere in the thread a few times was asked about Gavin's wellbeing: he's doing fine and very occupied to take care of our security, and is visiting the forums, even though not posting much at the moment.

Have you seen ProcessGuard and Port Explorer here on http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/results.aspx?text=diamondcs
    BTW?

2. Hard_Warrior

Hard_Warrior Registered Member

Agreed, but adhered to timetables are the mark of a well-organized team. I'm sure that a lackadaisical approach to milestones played at least some role in the demise of TDS-4. Moreover, I think it would be positive marketing, in the face of what I see as a fairly negative atmosphere, for DCS to offer some informational tidbits about future plans, if not prospective release dates.

Which is why it was a mistake to offer such a scheme in the first place. For the record, I would gladly pay a subscription fee for aggressively maintained software, especially security SW. ;)

:D I'd rather just see an official notification from DCS saying that a yearly renewal will be required from this point, and that for my money I could expect first-rate service with all the bells-and-whistles.

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

As long as the old versions are left fully functioning. Then i can't see anything wrong with paying a small fee for an upgrade to a newer version, but so far development pace hasn't exactly impressed, so there would have to be some new features etc for me to consider buying the upgrade. :)

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

More discussion over at grc.com here and here.

5. dallen

dallen Registered Member

I couldn't agree more with both of these statements. The logical step is to ask people what they've been given/offered and how they feel about the compensation/reconciliatory offer. I've started a thread on the topic HERE

edited to fix name of poster being quoted in quote #1 - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2005
  6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I've closed that thread because the private dialogs between individual customers and Wayne are just that - private. Since every circumstance is going to be different, we're not going to open up an endless debate comparing who got what and why.

7. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Of course you won't allow such a "debate" to occur. Why call it a debate and not term it more accurately as an exchange of information. This company operates in a shroud of secrecy and has for quite some time. The reason you don't want people comparing compensation and reconciliatory offers is because you are trying to minimize your expenses. If everyone were given fair compensation, it would cost you more than if you give compensation on a "case-by-case" basis. You will claim that every case is different, but we both know that isn't true. Honestly, how much difference is there between someone who has owned the software for 1 year and someone who has owned it for 9 months. You will say the difference is 3 months, ha ha ha. But beyond the simple arithmetic, lies a more complex issue. How many of those three months were spent talking about the upcoming release and the complex development? How many of those months were speant telling concerned customers to be quite and that it will be here when it get's here?

8. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Since I can't edit my last posting, I will finish my posting here. How are we to know that those months of delay weren't intentional so that it could later be said that we'd have used TDS-3 for 3 months too long to qualify for a partial refund. The lack of effective communication causes us to believe this to be a possibility.

9. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Lowwatermark,

Who are you do decide what information we can or can not share with one another? As for the dialogs between individual customers and Wayne as I am concern it is inexistant since Mr Wayne doesn't even bother to answer my emails...

DCS personnal may not want to communicate with their customer is one thing, but the fact that you simply censor customer who want to share their experience with DCS (or Wayne) in regard of the actual situation is totally unacceptable and surelly unappropriated.

Best regards,
    Atomas31

10. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Atomas,
    Ive answered literally hundreds of emails this week so i'm not sure which one yours is, feel free to send it to my via private message if you like.

Best regards,
    Wayne

11. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

As for myself, I already sent two Emails to DCS and I didn't even got
    a confirmation message from them that they received my request. o_O

12. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Lowatermark is an administrator here and therfore (rightly or wrongly) entitled to close (or in my case remove)posts.We all have to accept that.Personally however,i wish the administrators and moderators would not just close but remove the TDS4 stickies as it is quite nauseating to see them still on view , while quite legetimate posts are removed or closed
    ellison

13. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Actually Dallen this was Originally Posted by me not AAPlus2

I'm still surprised people don't know about the offers DCS have made to compensate them. If they email DCS then they can come to some arrangement over this.

Regards,

StevieO

14. dallen

dallen Registered Member

The posting has been locked, or I would fix the mistake. StevieO, I apologize for the misquote and appreciate you bringing it to my attention. Also, AAPlus2 please don't take offense if I attributed something to you that you didn't say. It was an honest mistake.

15. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

NP - consider it fixed.

16. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

edited,

ooopsieee daisy ...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  17. Marco K.

Marco K. Guest

I sent an original request for a partial cash refund and was offered the comp software package, which of course, I am not interested in. My second request for a partial cash refund has thus far been unanswered. (Going on 5 days). I expect they are figuring on how to cope with the numerous responses for cash or partial-cash refunds.

18. dallen

dallen Registered Member

My guess is that you will have a better chance of getting them to part with TDS-4 than you will with cash.

19. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Post removed due to conversation moving to private messages

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  20. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

This is a somewhat less than useful comment - it should be obvious that DiamondCS have got a lot of work cut out in terms of dealing with new licences, refunds and customer feedback not to mention keeping abreast of forum threads like this, which means there are going to be delays in resolving cases. While criticism can be made of the method in which this closure was made, stretching this to an attack on a company's ethics and general business practice is uncalled for, unless you have some specific and documentary evidence to the contrary...

21. dallen

dallen Registered Member

It seems that you are correct.
    This is true. Wayne and I did have a private exchange and the contents of that exchange should remain private.

However, I will just say that it's no secret that I don't agree with some of the business practices that have gone on in the past and especially recently. I do feel that Wayne and DCS have produced some of the best software on the market in certain niches. I know that I don't give DCS very much credit in these forums. It may seem that all I do is complain. The reason for this is that I see a company that has great tallent and potential and it frustrates me. Why? In some respects their customer service is awesome (among the best in the industry in my opinion), but in some respects I feel that they've really let their customers down and it almost seems like they don't even appreciate them. I've seen DCS do some great things and I've seem them do horrible things and I thought that by trying to let them know when they were making mistakes that I could help them change directions. For example, I've always felt that this company would improve by changing their strategy and policy regarding communication with their customers. I thought that maybe if enough of the customers complained about this issue together we could influence Wayne and DCS to change their thinking on this issue. I was wrong. I have done nothing but upset people and for that I am sorry. Whether I was wrong about DCS as a company, whether I was wrong to think so highly of this company, or whether I was simply just wrong in my methods...I don't know. What I do know is that my efforts to bring about change, which I still believe is necessary, have failed and that I will stop trying.

22. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Dallen,

I thank you for your generous offer and accept your decision, to stop flaming against DCS.

23. Sith Lord

Sith Lord Guest

dallen do you run a software business? if you dont then who are you to tell diamond that theyre right or wrong? its their software so i think they know more about the situation then you do!

24. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

To all:

Let's keep the discussion focused on the topic of the thread.

DCS customers and interested parties certainly have every right to voice their opinions on the subject matter of this thread, with the clear understanding that topics centering on internal operational matters, as with any commercial enterprise under any situation, are really not open for public debate by the company. By extension, efforts to speculate along these lines by us will not have a productive result since it will always remain unsupported idle speculation.

Finally, please avoid comments of a personal nature. Again, in the long run, they are not a productive addition to the discussion.

Thanks in advance.

Blue

25. Carver

Carver Guest

Maybe Wayne could let us know just what the situation is so we could make better sugestions, but the final say is up to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.