I disabled gadgets in W7 after MS recommended it. How risky do you feel they are?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Dec 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_L

J_L Registered Member

No excuse (other than PAE) for something like that over simply disabling the swap file. SSDs these days last more than long enough to be noticeably affect by swap space.

And you'll be more likely lacking memory when using it up for a RAM disk just to put the pagefile there. I'd like to see the memory fragmentation problem I never experienced (have all virtual machines without swap) in action, especially after sacrificing RAM for swap space.

2. Gullible Jones

Gullible Jones Registered Member

@J_L: I'm talking about the safety of disabling swap vs. having a normal swap file. Putting swap on an uncompressed RAM disk is useless.

3. OuterLimits

OuterLimits Registered Member

I didn't even know there was a gadget service till I read this thread. They are no more!

4. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

I need help getting my sidebar and gadgets back in Win 7 after Cryptoprevent disabled them. I undid protection in CP and restarted but my Sidebar will not come back. After the restart i right clicked on desktop and clicked on gadgets and my sidebar and gadgets all came back for some reason. Good thing i thought of doing that otherwise my sidebar would be gone.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.