I CREATED NEW PC ACCOUNT WHAA?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Mr.Blaze, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

I created another admin account for this pc was already to go when i rebooted and pick the new acount name i was shocked

the pc look like when i first installed xp on it no icons but standard icons etc etc

none of my security applications were on start up excepy norton and boclean process guard and all the rest wernt on

is there a way i can copy the settings of my first account to my secondary to avoid time consumeing starting from scratch hell

2. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Try Start>Settings>Control Panel>Users. It allows you to set the PC up differently for different users.

3. Mr.Blaze

that dosent do anything lol

im on xp i already created the acount what i need is to transfer old acount settings to new user name if it at all possiable

4. Lurkerella

Lurkerella Guest

Perhaps Mr. Blaze, your knowledge of weapons will help you here. Access Start>Control Panel>User Accounts there you will find these editing choices:
    1. User Accounts
    2. User Account Types
    3. Switching Users
    Switching users has never worked, it only upsets them. Talk the old account into using the new accounts' name. The new account will now take the old account, by name and deed. The old account will perhaps protest - tell me Mr. Blaze, do you have any bullets left? It may come to that!:(

5. Mr.Blaze

i just changed the name keept the old setings it worked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.