I can't re-download Port Explorer..

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Straight Shooter, Dec 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :D
    Hello...

Today, I had to restore my computer from a cloned image.. before I bought the Action Pack.. which was last week or so, I think...

I did save all the emails from my puchase with your company.. I had NO problem reinstalling TDS and Wormguard. I cannot reinstall Port Explorer! I Saved the Port Explorer email and I try to download the FULL veersion from the web site provided.. My email address is already in the right spot, however, the password won't work. When I click on the button, it just repeats the page.. I shut down my firewall and I also turned cookies all down, to no avail. How can I get the full version to download? I have the zipped file key, I just can't use it without being able to download the full version of Port Explorer..
    Please help me out asap...
    Thanks
    Shooter...

2. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Drop me an email, wayne@diamondcs.com.au, and we'll have you re-downloading it in minutes

Best regards,
    Wayne

3. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Just a reminder to people, if you change your password in the members area it stays that way until you change it again. So if you change your password make sure you remember it or leave it in a secure place :)
    -Jason-

4. :D :p

Yes, Silly, Stupid me.. I forgot I changed the password!! I am making a written note now.. Thank you for your response! I am VERY glad I bought your products!!!!
    ;) :-*

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

And we family members are very glad with the new family member :D

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hey Straight shooter, Now where did you put the bit of paper? :p

& welcome to the family!

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

A changed password into something you can EASY remember or stored somewhere (pwd file on a diskette? where did i leave that diskette??@#!^%?) and is it secure to use a post-it note on your screen :)?
    Could be easier to keep the original serial and store that email in a good place you can find back (that password diskette for instance :) )

8. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Yep, i must have changed the password too as the registration number, which i have copy of email won't give me access !
    And darn, can't even remember the EASY password i must have replaced it by.

9. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

..could be it, Mickey :D

regards,

paul

10. MickeyTheMan

Yeah, i supposed it was so EASY, i didn't even bother to write down such an EASY one to remember ! YIKES ! ;)

11. Paul Wilders

Did you drop DCS an email in order to see what can be done?

regards.

paul

12. MickeyTheMan

Not yet, but will eventually as there is no rush for it at the moment.

I guess the point i really wanted to make is that the usual box "have you forgot your password" is not there

13. Paul Wilders

Nice catch. There is consistancy here: people do forget their password - DCS forgets to add the box ;).

regards.

paul

14. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

It's the reason why i thought i have the serial, why bother changing anything, writing it down, forgetting, typos, all that.
    So you'll have to drop them a helpmail so the "forgot your password?" box will be back asap.
    Might be case sensitive, suppose you tried all that too.

15. Jason_DiamondCS

I will add a "Forgot Your Password" link that will email you the password I think. Not sure if it will be either just "enter your registration email" or "enter your registration email and original password" the original password being the serial code. Looks like there is going to be a PE 1.350 so yeah ;)
    -Jason-

16. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In fact a "reset to original serial" button activated with an email or such with autoresponder to user about the thing being reset (without including the serial itself to keep it simple).

17. Phil

Phil Registered Member

With logging? :D :D

(Just another little nudge)
    Phil

18. Jason_DiamondCS

No logging unfortunately as that will be a task within itself to complete and I am officially working on Wormguard 4 for the time being. As with all things though I can slowly finish it and release small updates like this v1.350 which will be released soon.

Ok the request password stuff has been added to the members area, try it out for me if you want and report any oddities if you notice anything ;) . Its already been tested by us but feedback is welcome.
    -Jason-

19. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Works ok Jason, it will make people happy.
    Especially the ones with the Easy passwords they still forgot.

20. Jason_DiamondCS

Glad you could use it Jooske :cool: . Yeah it should cut back on a bit of email support :)
    -Jason-

21. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hope so for all of you. It should just not have been changeable in the first place maybe, but then you get the people who lost their original email :cool:
    We should keep such important keys and other info on a diskette as well guarded as a boot diskette always at hand if we can find it back in time of need.

22. Jason_DiamondCS

I guess only *SOME* people can remember random 32 character alpha-numeric passwords, its a shame really ;) . I think its good to have a password change feature as I can just simply log in because I can remember this password :)
    -Jason-

23. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You don't really think i believe others can't remember?
    Some practise keeps our brains young.
    OK, i use copy and paste too from a well guarded thing so no need to change for something else or it could mean i might use the same easy password everywhere, but for security reasons i would have to have a safe password generated for each other place/occasion so why not stick with the secure generated one i have? Hope more people think that way but of course i would be in trouble if i needed entrance from another location. But even then now we have the "forgot" option so from there i can ask in such cases.
    So thank you Jason for the "forgot" link :cool:

24. MickeyTheMan

Thanks Jason for adding the box.
    Just a small problem for which i sent you email.
    The email addy for which port explorer is registered to is at morelerbe.com (Becky's forum)
    Since Becky is down, the passowrd would only be sent there if i filled in the box, thus my email requesting you send it to another addy.

25. MickeyTheMan

Just got a flash and remembered that EASY password and managed to get to members area :D Ah, the miracle of caffeine and a brief moment of sanity! ;)
    However, that brings another point. The email addy still shows at morelerbe, and there is nowhere to change that to avoid any future emails from DCS in regards to port explorer be sent there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.