i cant kill Vmon.exe help pls!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by myhomie, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myhomie

myhomie Registered Member

sorry (its VSMON.exe)

hi. i dont know if this is the rigth place to post my msg.

ive installed zonealarm last night and used total uninstall to install it. after finding it diffucult to use zonealarm i decided to uninstall it using the total unistall.

but when i restarted my computer i found out that there are still zonealarm files left. the vsmon.exe which is the .exe of the zonealarm is still running in one of my conputer (its in the startmenu i think coz its running everytime i run my computer) and even another .exe which is i think for the spyware/antivirus of zonealarm it run once.

there is still a folder of zonelabs in the system32 and it contains all sorts of files .dll .exe and stuff including the 2 i mentioned above.

i tried to end the process of vmon.exe but task manager said it cant end it. i tried to delete the folder but it cannot be deleted, the vmon is eating up 30K of my memory usage!

i need to get rid of it, its slowing my PC down.

Pls any help? what should i do, i think my PC is full of crap from uninstalled programs. im thinking of reformatting it to clean it up coz im sick of this kind of things happening in my PC.

but maybe there is some other way than that, coz its hard for me to start all over again installing all the programs etc.

thanks a lot for any help. greatly appreciate it. ;)

and another thing i found out that there is a trojan in my computer (trojanspy.banker.101) i just scanned my computer today using trojan hunter. ive already deleted it but i already executed the files that contains it like 5 days ago, i just worries me. does anyone know what this trojan does and will my computer be alryt even though i already executed it?

thanks again.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  2. Snowie

Snowie Guest

MYHOMIE

You seem upset that your computer is so clogged.....an rightously so...given what you said.

Live and Learn.....sometimes in order to learn we need to make errors......so just consider it a lesson.....an strongly consider a re-format...SOON!!! if not yesterday!

The zone alarm issue is no issue.....easily taken care of....but nevertheless, you would still have a crapped out computer....so why not just do it correctly....fix everything with a re-format....an move on with life and living in cyberworld.

Regards

Snowie The Snowman

IMO it would be a waste of time explaining how to fix the vsmon issue considering your computer is crapped out anyway.......good luck......take care..........oh, by the way....a crapped out computer usually is a weaken computer

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Most bad uninstalls are from not disabling ZA to start with windows in prefrences.If you just uninstalled it without doing that ,then it may be better to reinstall ZA (if it will allow) and then disable it from starting with windows in prefrences , then uninstall.Then follow the links that snowbound gave you, to delete remaing system files that it leaves.
    ellison

5. myhomie

oh thanks for the replies. il do what ellison said and il follow the link hopefully this week il be able to do that, and il just update you what happens next.

thanks for the advice, live and learn, move one. :D . i like that one.

its not that crapped out computer by the way, the thing still manages to run a couple of programs but i cant multi task as ive been doing before.

if the install and uninstall did not work i think il just reformat, coz im thinking of reformatting for quite a while now. but not now maybe 3 weeks from now, im a bit busy at the moment..

is that alright snowbound? you seem to be advising me strongly to do it now, i mean yesterday :D .

and about the trojan, my computer seems ok, seems stable to me. i find it weird, isnt it suppose to be that my computer would be a piece of crap by now?

thanks again for your replies very much appreciated

regards,
    myhomie

6. snowbound

Ahh, that would be Snowie. ;) :D

snowbound

7. Snowie

Snowie Guest

MYHOMIE

Yes, thats Me...Snowie....advising you to re-format....considering the shape your computer is in a re-format appears the avenue to take.....consider that future Installs may be corrupted if you system is clogged as you said......numerous problems can AN WILL result from a messed up system.........not to mention the possible security risks.

regards

Snowie The Snowman

8. chiawaikian

chiawaikian Registered Member

9. Snowie

Snowie Guest

****What you can do now is uninstall ZoneAlarm properly through the link given by Snowie. *****

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

That would be SNOWBOUND LOL

10. myhomie

oh boy, you guys get us confused by your names!

Snowie, i will definitely reformat my PC but maybe not now (still dont have the time) and at the moment the machine is lookin fine. il back up first my important files for now and if things get really messy il follow your advise to reformat it.

yeah chiawaikian i will follow the link and uninstall ZA hopefully by tommorow, by the way what is the hijackthis for? to verify if you have any malware running in your PC?

and also i cant do the online scanners coz most of them ask for IE, i think i can only do trendmicro scans.
    Coz you see, ive also have accidentally deleted some files of IE so now its not working and i tried to install a new one but it says that i already have an IE installed in my PC so i cant reinstall it.

any of you know how to solve my IE problem?

thanks again guys, youve done more than enough help for me and i really truly appreciate all of you. ;)

a Big THANK YOU! :thumb:

11. Snowie

Snowie Guest

MYHOMIE

for your IE problems refer to:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=113951

If you are going to back up your programs be careful......be sure not to take along an infected one.....that will screw up your newly formated computer...........personally, everything would have to be new for me...

Was nice meeting you MYHOMIE.........it was a pleasure........no doubt everyone is wishing you well............see ya around.

Snowie The Snowman

12. snowbound

13. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Maybe try iefix ?

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.