Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by justmex, Jun 22, 2008.
help me please; the NNNNNNHK.dll just wont be removed
Use UnDLL in safe mode.
Does ESET NOD32 detect these files ? If not , could you submit them to ESET before killing them with UnDll
thanks so much
was so desperate i didnt even see the safe mode advice still it kille dit
i submitted but it still wouldnt detect, i even manually quarantined and submitted it
superantispyware got it and quarantined but it keep seeking help and still function
Virtumonde (Vundo) has got a lot of new variants every day and creators make everything for undetection by famous AV systems. Thanks for submission!
As far as I saw, there is a procedure to kill Vundo.
-> Malwarebytes anti-malware (scan and remove)
-> Then, there exists a tool to detect and fix vundo : combofix.exe
- First run and check option 1 to generate a log
- analyse the log (internet help, eventually) and if it's confirm that your are infected with vundo, you will need to run again combofix (safe mode or not, I don't remember) and to check option 2... There is somewhere a tutorial...
Typing combofix in any search engine, will help you in downloading the tool and getting explainations...
Cleaning computer by ComboFix isn't very good for standard user, eg. because CF can caused damage OS. After automatic cleaning procedure is shown log, which provides other informations - last created/edited files and Registry keys/values. This is message for advanced user. Now, we don't provide advanced cleaning services here on the forum.
Submit a support request here and we can update the definitions to remove what's likely re-installing the infection upon reboot:
My tried/tested method for getting rid of stuff like this is:
- Install MalwareBytes & update it
- Boot the PC in Safemode, where the program doesn't place itself in memory
- Run MalwareBytes's full scan
- Reboot in normal mode
- Reboot in safemode w/Networking, repeat steps 2&3. Also run an ESET online scan afterwards.
After that, you should have all (or at least 99%) of it, if its malware/viral. The pieces left won't be very harmful to your PC and your antivirus should pick up the rest of the pieces.
A simple way of doing it is running ComboFix from HERE and follow the prompts.
Disable your antivirus guard while performing this action and also close your browser and other running programs.
This should help.
Separate names with a comma.