I Can't Download Adobe Flash With Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hawki, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Hi :)

I have not been able to download Adobe Flash with Firefox. I am currently using Firefox 26, but this has been an ongoing problem with other versions.

With prior versions of Firefox when I clicked on "Download" I was lead to the main Adobe Flash page. Now I do get a download of 1 MB but get no install option and nothing shows up as having been downloaded in my Down Load folder.

I know I have Adobe flash installed in my Firefox browser but I can't tell what version it is or whether or not it is downloading updates.

I am currently using WSA and KIS, but the problem existed before installing WSA. I also have IE 11 installed with Flash, but because I am a Firefox extension addict I would prefer to use FF but I have have not been able to tell what version of Flash I have installed.

When I try to download the latest version of Flash for IE I do not get a download but get a message that Flash is already installed in IE and I have been assuming therefore that it has been downloading the latest updates.

Any suggestions about my Firefox/Flash problemo_O

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

hawki, first, go to Options > General Tab and in the Downloads section, make sure that the radio button is on Always ask me where to save files.

Yes, the download is 1 MB (as shown below) and after saving the file to a folder & clicking the .exe, you'll need to follow the instructions to install.

2014-02-18_104505.png

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Attached Files:

5. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Thanks JR and siljaline

The link to the Adobe about page says I have the latest :)

6. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

@hawki

Get Adobe Flash player for both Firefox and IE from this link here.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

It is a 17.9 MB download. Before downloading uncheck the "McAfee security scan offer" under the "optional offers" section.

The 1 MB file you are downloading is actually the installer file, if you have that all you need to do is to double click on it and it will start downloading Flash from the same weblink that I gave above.

7. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Well there you go. Nothing to worry about.:)

You just have to double click on the 1MB download to start the installation. The installer will retrieve information and ask you to choose update options. Next time choose no automatic update. Then you wouldn't need to worry about Adobe updating. Once you double click on the download, even if it doesn't install flash player successfully, it will disappear from the Download Folder. It's standard practice for Adobe Flash player installer.

Go to Add-ons>Plugins>Shockwave Flash. You will see the version number. And you can check for updates at the top of Plugins.

Even with the latest version installed on my Firefox, I can still download and install Flash Player again. So that shouldn't be a problem.

8. siljaline

You're most welcome for the help :thumb: Screen caps should illustrate.

Attached Files:

9. siljaline

10. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Thanks again to all :)

11. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.