I Can't Contact Customer Care!!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Person J, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Person J

Person J Registered Member

My ESS recently caught a new variant of the nuwar worm. Later I found a new variant of Trojan.Downloader.Small trojan. That was cool but now I have contacted customer care three times and not received a conformation email that they got my concern. I however received in my spam section on gmail that I had a delivery failure, could have been eset might not have been, so I didn't follow any links on that spam email. I love ESS, but my concern is that I am walking blind as I am unable to contact them with my concern that I might have a possible malware infection.
    Please help thanks.:D

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    if you have contacted customer care, you should have been assigned a ticket number. Please PM it to me so that I can ask the US guys about the status.

As for Nuwar, we detect all new variants. There is rarely a single variant that is not detected so it sounds to me odd that you've been infected with all the modules running. Please download and run ESET SysInspector (http://download.eset.com/download/sysinspector/32/ENU/SysInspector.exe), create a log and send it to samples[at]eset.com with this thread's url enclosed.

3. Person J

I was infected with the trojan a new variant of Trojan.Downloader.Small trojan. My ESS caught the nuwar worm I guess I gave a little to much information sorry. I am going to run sysinspect and i'll get it to you.

4. Person J

I tried to PM you but it said that I couldn't so should I send you the case number on the thread?
    I was only able to contact customer care through the website not through the contact customer care option in the ESS help section part of the program. Is that a bug?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  5. Person J

Hi Marcos,
    I lost my hard drive so this issue is all taken care of. I still really love ESS though. Thanks for trying.
    Joshua
    Can someone close this thread thanks.:thumb:

6. KarlBeer

KarlBeer Registered Member

All the actions you described were a PAST 669 crack bug.

Please make sure you are legit.

7. Person J

I bought ESET' Smart Security, from their website. I don't believe in stealing I think it's wrong. I however am no longer having this problem, thanks for asking though. If you want to close this thread you can.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

In future , just to be sure - simly drop ESET a line at support@eset.com

You might also send them a greeting card :D (kidding):D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.