I can't beat panopticlick

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Holysmoke, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Holysmoke

Holysmoke Registered Member

Either that sight is a lie or I am SOL. I have tried alot to get uniqueness low but today I got near 6 million.

I am using ublock origin, privacy badger, Disable Plugin & Mimetype Enumeration, better privacy, https everywhere and the following ff tweaks from ghacks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
  2. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

First test: Javascript disabled. If you assure your user-agent string is a common one, you'll be one in thousands if not better.

Second test: Javascript enabled, but no Flash (if you have it). Javascript is a major risk because it is used to interact with DOM/etc and acquire more information. Panopticlick is really just a POC. The fingerprinting risk is much much worse than it suggests, especially if you run with Javascript enabled and make unique combinations of changes to your browser. Browser plugins is a doozy, but IIRC plugins.enumerable_names should help. One in low millions or better should be possible.

Allowing Flash will expose System font info. You could try setting
    DisableDeviceFontEnumeration=1 in the mms.cfg file. You can play with some other settings via the file or control panel thingy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.