I Am Sure It Is Me Just Being Goofy, But Has Anyone Else Experienced...

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by simmikie, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

WSA reverting back to an earlier version of itself? when i originally installed WSA Beta a little over a month ago, it did not include the firewall (afaik), but a couple of weeks ago i saw on this forum mention of the firewall, was intrigued and began searching this forum for a download. i didn't find, so i pm'ed Joe and he suggested i redownload the latest installer. i did, installed it and saw the firewall, configured it to my preferences, and did not give it a second thought.

yesterday my computer lost network connectivity, but my provider was not offline (i can tell since my personal and business lines are VOIP, and i need only check for a dialtone to verify connectivety from my ISP) so i went to check WSA firewall logs to see if something was blocked, and i cannot find the firewall!?! anywhere! it is still 8007 version.

i have checked everything there is to check, and i have noticed that in my "Account" there is no license key, but i don't remember if there was one to begin with. also the little window that indicated how much time is left on the beta, now states 0 hours. hours?? i have not had this beta for anywhere near 90 days, and my P3 license should have a few months left on it. any ideas where the firewall might have gotten off to?

Mike

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I suspect this is a keycode based issue. You may want to try re-applying the license key you received by email and it should give you your functionality back :)

Let me know your results!

3. simmikie

well that was easy. any idea why the functionality went poof??

in any case....many thank-yous.

Mike

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I've actually just found the cause for this and it will be corrected in the next update moving forward.

Let me know if you find anything else! :)

5. simmikie

nice....thanks again.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.