I am my worst enemy!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Hho, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hho

Hho Registered Member

Hallo Everybody
    Her is a good (true) story of an overconfident middle age nerd who backed himself it to a corner where he can't get outoff ( yet).

Yesterday I had enough of my old xp installation it was getting old and a lot been installed and deleted. Since a while my browser ( firefox) was sluggish and lately my printer started to spin. I ran TDS3, AVG and Spybot. An all clear from all the programs. So I reinstalled C: which I only use for the OS and programs, D: and E: are on a seperate physical drive and containing the data and back up files. Everything went well, got even sp2 loaded,
    cleaned out C: with the power toys. I was champion, on top off the world. " king ****".Installed Acronis power utools and things where looking very bright. A mate arrives with a couple of beers combined with the content off my fridge we had a good early evening party to celebrate the succesfull day. After 4-5 beers feeling even larger and more invincible I got back to the computer.
    Somehow I run drive cleanser with the intension it would do the same as Windows drive cleaner ( Usually I'm not that dummmmmmmmmmmmm). I selected D: and E: the wiping process stayed as default. I ran drive cleanser for about 10 seconds in that time I transformed from an overcinfident nerd to a self hating midget.I stopped everything and run recovery expert who found D: ( sort off) but could not reinstate it now it is running a long recovery ( since 12 hours) and is still going.
    I have a complete set of Acronis rescue floppies.
    Please be my guest have a good laugh tell a friend or two and laugh again.
    After all that fun, any solutions to get back out off the dead end road.
    Here is the desert to the story: Haven't got a back up on CD/DVD for D/E.
    Please help!!!!!!
    Thanks
    Hho
    Sorry about the bad english.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Better just kick back and have a few more cold ones :D ;)

bigc

3. Hho

Hho Registered Member

Happy again

Hi everybody
    Got my files back! wow took me 36 hours to learn how to and what to use.
    A few more cold ones were a good start, but then after a night sleep and recovery expert could not find anything I attacked the situation without the boost of cold beer. I read a lot and gave O&O disk_recovery_3 a go.
    It did the trick. I got all the files with new names ( numbers) sorted by file extensions. There are on D: 9600 files(there is a filing job) E: got recovered completly with names and everything.
    I'm happy, very.
    Thanks CYA
    Hho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.