I am looking for the perfect security, read for info

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by TECHWG, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Basically i use outpost, which is great, but i want something that will keep all closed ports stealth while leaving all open ports open. get application control while being light weight and not lag the packets. i just want deacent security. If you think outpost is the best let me know and i will just stay with that. im just tired of trying 1001 firewalls and not finding one thats classified as "the best of the bunch" i have not found ir apart from outpost. please let me know

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    Look 'n' Stop might be for you.

3. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

i tried this and i did not like it it was . . i dont know theres something about these firewalls that are all rules i dont like. i like simple clean interfaces not a packet filter but load of rules.

4. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi Tech .
    You will drive yourself crazy reading everyone's " opinions " in here . Everybody thinks their firewall is best . Based on what Outpost CLAIMS to do , it does it all and VERY well . So , if you like the configurability and the differing controls you can " play " with , stay right where you are . I tested MOST of them . I settled on OP . Had to . It is that good . There are a few good ones but , again , not with all of the features you have there . Tiny actually has more features and is an EXCELLENT choice as well . If you can handle it . lol . Of the many choices , OP is a very good one indeed . if you want something plain , with very few playthings , there are a few . LnS is one but , you already talked about that one . CHX 1 is considered , by some , to be a firewall . Works well for what it does but , it is like a shell . Nothing on the inside . No where near the protection and configurability of the big guys . But , again , for something simple , LnS is probably best .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.