huy-search.ino hijacked

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by frustratedagain, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a problem and you folks appear to be well versed in this area.

My home page has been hijacked. The primary culprit is huy-search.info. He is a relentless little guy.

I have installed six different spyware removal programs, Hijackthis, and cws shredder. I also run Grisoft AVG antivirus software.

I have followed the links on Micropsoft to get rid of this termite as well as followed directions from any other list serv that has published a response.

I have removed all reference in the registry as well including that stupid freshbar which represents itself as bar.dll.

As soon as I get rid of it, it comes back. I loaded netscape after IE and it has not been targeted.

I'm open to suggestions.

Kevin

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Administrator

Hi frustratedagain, and welcome to Wilders.

I have moved your thread from the TDS forum and into the Privacy Problems forum since this is a spyware related issue and not related to TDS-3 support.

Since you have not been sucessful in removing it with anti-spyware programs, then it might be time to have further investigation done with an analysis of a HijackThis log at one of the forums that provides this type of service.

Since we no longer do hijackthis log analysis here, you can find a list of forums that still do provide this type of spyware/hijack cleaning in this link: http://a-sap.org/

Please let us know how you do.

Regards,

snap

3. appreciate the help. I'll check it out, thanks

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Once your system is clean you may want to take a look here for further discussion on security and how to make your system that much stronger, and here for more discussions.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

5. JPC69

JPC69 Guest

I am having the same problems with that relentless little guy called huy-search.info.

Have we made any progress in eliminating it.

Help!

JP

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

With this issue you will need to download and run “Hijack This” found HERE and post your log at one of the forums found at A-SAP. The two bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than most others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com. Be sure to read their posting policy in the links at their log review forum sections prior to posting.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.