Hupigeon Found

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Rainwalker, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I did a scan today and found Hupigeon. After getting rid of it...i hope...i did another scan and noticed there was a lot of time being spent scanning HKEY/current user/software/microsoft/windows/current version/internet services/zone map/domains. I opened it up and found a huge list of crap sites...none of which i have been to as i do not go to the dark side of the net. What the heck is going on ? Are they there as a result of someone hacking in....possibly Hupigeon ? If so can i delete them and be done with it or are they as a sort of Host protection ?

I am thinking the junk sites are part of my anti-malware protection. Has anyone heard of false positives of late with Hupigeon ?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  2. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

Rainwalker, the Zone Map\Domains is where your Internet Trusted Sites and Restricted Sites are written to. In my case, Spybot S&D has deposited a ton of bad sites there and yes, they are part of Host protection. I would not delete them. Here's more info and a tool to export the list of sites: Backup Internet Explorer Zonemap domains listing.

3. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Thanks JRViejo

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

Rainwalker, you're welcome! Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.