Human confirmation for pgaccount.exe

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Kokoban, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kokoban

Kokoban Registered Member

When launching new process not in the guard list, pgaccount.exe shows window with choise: allow or deny launching this process.

How can I do human confirmation for doing choise in this window? But not for closing this window!

Holding INS-key and click on the OK-button don't work and additionally it appends WM_DESTROY message handling which is not desireble.

Thank a lot!

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hello Kokoban,

Welcome to Wilders. To decide "allow or deny" when PG asks, if your installing from a reputable vendor, then I would "allow." If I'm not installing something I would choose "deny." If I chose "deny" & I was expecting something to happen, and it didn't, then do it again & "permit." If your in doubt wait on your decision (allow/permit) & google the name of the file PG wants you make a decision about.

Good Luck & Take Care
    rico

3. Kokoban

Thanks Rico!

But I mean following:

'Human confirmation' is PG technique that is used in Secure Message Handling.

When you are about closing a program the WM_DESTROY Windows message is sent. PG hooks WM_DESTROY and pgaccount.exe shows the 'Human Confirmation Required' window with a picture, and asks to enter the data on that picture to confirm the choise.

I want to confirm my choise when I push 'Allow'-button.
    Because any application can emulate pushing 'Allow'-button.

Just ticking 'Secure Message Handling' box in PROTECTION tab of pgaccount.exe is not desirable, because then I need to confirm WM_DESTROY message. And I want to confirm ONLY WM_BUTTON message when I push 'Allow'-button.

Also confirmation of WM_DESTROY message of pgaccount.exe is not desirable because when you choose 'Cancel' in the 'Human Confirmation Required' window the system may freeze!

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Kokoban,

I really don't have a clue, on this matter, how to assist, other than email DiamondCS tech. support.

Good Luck
    rico

5. Kokoban

Ok thanks anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.