Huge security hole in Eset's Licensing!!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by berryracer, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I need a moderator to contact me immediately so I can show you how easily one could get people's username / password and use their licenses on the Eset page!!

I am shocked that an Antivirus company can make it very easily for people to steal usernames / passwords!

Thank god I didn't renew my license!

Once I am contacted I will show you how easily you can steal anyone's username / password so you can pass it on to the concerned department!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have found a very easy way to steal someone's Eset license directly from the Eset site,

Pls inform Eset that I am ready to show them exactly how to replicate this security whole which allows anyone to view someone else's password if they know his email

I expect to receive a 2 year license for ESS valid to be installed on 3 PCs if I prove to Eset how an ESS license can be stolen and an easy fix to this security hole

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

And if they refuse to give you a free License will you refuse to help?. DHYB on the free license.:cautious:

3. berryracer

well I am doing them a HUGE favor because if you see how easy it is to grab someone else's license your jaw will drop in awe if you see that a big security company such as ESET makes it very easy for others to steal their customers' licenses

I have nothing to lose, I am doing a favor to ESET and I expect a small reward. Asking for 1 license is worthless if you look at the glitch I have accidentally found

Also, I have been using Eset's products since 8 years and paying them annually this is the least I deserve I think

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Well if its as you say,then thats not good at all and probably should be a private matter.Perhaps a PM of one of the Eset support staff at wilders.

5. berryracer

yes exactly, I am waiting for a PM for someone from the mods to discuss this :)

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can PM me if you're able to prove how to get a "victim's" license details without having access to the user's computer/network.

7. berryracer

Hi, I have sent you a PM

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

well im for sure interested though i highly doubt eset would have a exploit like this not defending them or anything but this kind of stuff normally has a ton of time put in and yes i know many av's have exploits. but im for sure interested to see what comes of this.

9. berryracer

I just sent the proof to the mod and he verified it, NEVER say never ;)

10. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

You seem like you have discovered moon. It is a well known fact, the temporary trial licenses (30 days) for ESET are available as warez. It is their policy.......

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  11. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

which is what i was thinking^^

12. berryracer

what the heck are you talking about? What trial license? I am talking about a breach that could allow ppl to steal others' full and valid licenses

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  13. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

Yeah but without the victims registered e-mail address there is no risk , or if there is then that would be a concern im sure

14. berryracer

It is still a risk, I know a few people's email addresses that I was able to get their licenses, for testing of the security hole only I didn't misuse this

It's been fixed now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.