HTTPS Finder?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ams963, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi,

Why would I need it? I mean will HTTPS Everywhere not do? Also HTTPS Finder asks to restart FF it says to add rule into HTTPS Everywhere from time to time when visiting sites But I'm forcing FF to start into a sandbox using sbie. So I've to go to the sbie settings and start FF normally each time HTTPS Finder prompts. Also sometimes even if I visit the same site, to which HTTPS Finder prompted to restart in a sandboxed browser, with the normal FF HTTPS Finder does not prompt again. So that rule thing for that site has not been added.

Best Wishes,
    Amit

2. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

apparently it doesnt have all sites by default https activated got it myself

3. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

That Sandboxie dilemma you mentioned is why I don't use it. You could add an exception/direct access, but I HATE having to do that. To me it defeats a substantial purpose of sandboxing in the first place.

So what I did was install HTTPS Finder, run unsandboxed and go to every site in my favorites (sites I frequent) so it would add rules to them into my HTTPS-Everywhere... then I removed HTTPS Finder. Yeah, I feel like such a user...

I don't browse new sites often. I get on the net with a plan/purpose. So it'll be rare that there'd be a new site anymore to add a rule for. And I don't want it checking for HTTPS for every site I go to. That's slowdown.

4. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

You could add the HTTPSEverywhereUserRules folder to Quick Recovery Folders in Sandboxie.

I had the prompt turned off for awhile but, like luciddream, I don't browse to very many new sites. So I turned the prompt back on and usually just ignore it the occasional time it alerts me. I think once you get most of the rules created, it will become less of a bother. If you're a HIPS user like me, constant security prompts are all part of the fun of using a PC. ;)

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Thanks guys. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.