HTTPS Everywhere + Microsoft Technet issue

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

For a while now I've been having a great deal of difficulty to properly see -http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/

I'd just get the text, but the website's theme itself wouldn't be displayed. When I first noticed this behavior, using Chromium, I started to disable privacy extensions for Microsoft's website; including HTTPS Everywhere, which I disabled the rules for Microsoft's website.

But, nothing had worked. So, I thought to myself that the issue was with the website itself, and to be honest, I didn't want to try it with another web brower, so I waited a while to see if the problem still persisted. Well, it still persisted.

So, I started to narrow down what could be causing this situation, and I was able to properly view the website by actually disabling HTTPS Everywhere extension itself, rather than its rules. This makes think that the issue is the extension itself.

Did/Does anyone notice the same? o_O

2. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

I don't see any issues in IE10, no addons. I also don't see issues with Fx14 with HTTPS Everywhere.

For what it's worth I wasn't directed to an https version in Fx, trying to go there manually pushes me back to the normal version.

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

It didn't redirect to HTTPS either, but when clicking HTTPS Everywhere icon there was a mention to a partial encryption.

Anyway, I don't think it was this partial encryption that screwed the website display, otherwise disabling the rule would suffice... I think. Unless, I needed to restart Chromium for the disabled rule to take effect...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.