HTTPS Everywhere For Chrome - EFF Alpha

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Hungry Man, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Jeez, no.
    Disabling the rule will do just fine, I've written a pretty crappy post in retrospect. (I need some sleep, obviously, so I'm off).
    I already have changed the green checkmark to a red cross and that's all that is needed. But it does work on Chrome as intended?

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Yes, I get the same error.

Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection.

@ guest

Google Chrome version does not work like the Firefox version in what comes to disabling rules. Maybe, in a future version.

The only alternative is to manually edit the rules files placed in Google Chrome's profile, in the extension's folder. There are XML files and a js file that will need editing.

I don't know if the extension will verify if content has been modified, though.

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

KBSSL beta with webrequest:
    http://code.google.com/p/kbsslenforcer/issues/detail?id=25

Here's a beta version of it. You can install it by opening chrome://extensions and selecting developer mode in the top right corner, then click on "Load unpacked extension..." and select the folder where you extracted the files.

You should disable the official extension first and perhaps uninstall the browser button if you have it. The new extension will include the browser button.

The new extension doesn't redirect a site until it's in the whitelist. That means that the very first request is not redirected, but it still does the SSL detection (this is because of issue chromium:105656 mentioned earlier). Then any requests from then on will be redirected without any unencrypted requests going through. And the whitelist is saved across reboots and now makes sure that whitelisted sites are never visited unencrypted.

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

A new version came out, and they changed how rules are created and saved. They're no longer in individual *.xml files. They're now placed within a single file named default.rulesets This also means that dozens of rules I had created for the previous version, are no longer working either. I need to redo this stuff. :mad: Damn! :ouch:

It's not like it's easy to create these rules for Google Chrome; it's all done manually. :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.