http://blog.mozilla.com/nnethercote/2011/11/04/converting-a-chrome-user-to-firefox/

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by vasa1, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I suspect you're being polite but it didn't seem to slow things down so why not!

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I'm not that sure what the exact differences are between virtualising & sandboxing, but Chrome in a sandbox does sound virtually bulletproof. I just like to boot my computer, click a browser icon & surf. I often wonder if we aren't a bit too paranoid about security here at Wilders. It sort of reminds me of the Jerome K. Jerome passage about someone reading a medical book & believing they had all the symptoms to all sorts of maladies.

3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

That was lovely. I was fortunate to come across a copy that also had "Three Men on The Bummel". And some kind soul has made it available on Gutenberg.

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Now that the more important part of your quote has been dealt with, I had set up an icon for SandBoxied Chrome. So I could just "boot my computer, click a browser icon & surf."

5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Sandboxing is basically a broad term used to describe a restriction placed on a program. If I block Firefox's process from writing to the desktop it's a sandbox - a weak one but still a sandbox.

Virtualization is when you create a virtual environment separate from the operating system. Sandboxie uses virutalization.

Virtualization is a method of sandboxing but sandboxing does not necessitate virtualization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.