HTML/FlashFrame.Gen [virus]'

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by bgfalconboy, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

Found this while trying access NBC's streaming video of The Office. Avira AntiVir caught it. Anything serious? I denied access of course , shut off all internet activity with ZA free and then started back up again. On Avira's website it rated this as a low threat but I thought I'd come over here and see what others thought.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

bgfalconboy,
    Took a look at this episode #417 - Job Fair and this episode #416 - Did I Stutter? using Firefox 3.0.1 (had to allow nbc.com via NoScript for them to show), with AVG 8.0. Both played without any problems or AV warnings.

Googling HTML/FlashFrame.Gen almost every thing that comes up has to do with Avira. FP? :doubt:

3. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

Interesting. I don't have NoScript at the moment, but do have AdBlockPlus. When I went back I got another Avira warning while watching "Dinner Party" of the Office. Firfox also acted a little strange when I tried to minimize the browser , it didn't want to minimize (had to close FF) and there was an nbc pop-up that was hard to get rid of. Weird.

You think the problem is with AntiVir? Should I just keep clicking "deny access" when this stuff shows up and I"ll be fine or what?

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

I also have AdBlockPlus, but the NoScript add-on is the one that prevents FF from displaying the streaming video. I do recommend that you install NoScript to make FF more secure. Here are some Screenshots and FAQs for your review.

Yes, I would deny access unless someone else, who has Avira, tries it out for you and post their results. It could be a False Positive but please don't chance it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.