HTC Nexus and Rooting?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by assersegsten, Jun 16, 2018.

1. assersegsten

assersegsten Registered Member

I dont know if this is the right place for my post,but here it goes:I own a HTC Nexus 9 running Android 7.1.1 Nougat,and I think it is very slow compared to my IOS units.'
    I was on the XDA Developers website today(I am no Techie)and as I understand it I could get Android Oreo features if I install a custom ROM,and as a result more speed,I am also thinking about Rooting my device,My security on my tablet is Bitdefender Mobile Security & Malwarebytes Premium.
    I dont know what to do,please educate me.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

If you flash custom firmware, it may already be rooted. Once your phone is rooted, you will be prompted, if an app wants root access and will have the option to allow or deny it. Why do you want to root your phone and what firmware are you thinking of using?

I made my phone much faster by upgrading from Android 5.1, to custom Android 7.1 firmware. I will upgrade to Oreo, once stable custom firmware is released.

3. assersegsten

assersegsten Registered Member

I would also like to get Oreos Features,and it is a tablet.
    I am tempted to use One Click Root,is it any good,I know it cost 40 US Dollars,but you get phone support also if something goes wrong.:thumbd:

4. roger_m

I would not pay for that, when there's excellent software that will root your devices for free.
    I recommend using KingRoot. It' an app you can download on your tablet, but there is a Windows version too, and can root your device with one click. If it fails to root your device, it should not cause any issues.

If it can't root your tablet, sometimes it will work, if you run it a second time.

This is it's website kingroot.net. An alternative, to try if KingRoot doesn't work, is KingoRoot, from kingoapp.com.

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Getting a warning with that site, fp or legit ?
    Was thinking of maybe rooting my Moto with Kingroot but have doubts now.

Attached Files:

6. roger_m

The warning is because of the security risks of rooted Android devices. However, whenever any apps wants root access, you will get a prompt, asking you if you want to allow or deny it. So it's not unsafe, if you only give root access to apps that you trust.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.